• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

ODT Class III shoot?

From Joe Parker's Facebook Page
NE Georgia Cb Radio

Red Hill Fall Machine Gun Melee
Sat. -Nov. 17, 2012. 10am-4pm

Same Program As Always:

Two unmolested cars for your destruction + Tannerite
Great BBQ concession on range
Two dealers will be renting auto and silenced weapons
One dealer will be selling ammo
Steel targets provided for rifle, pistol, and subguns
Shooters - Run what you bring
Everything from .22’s to .50 cal Brownings will be there

All Shooters donation: $15.00
Spectators donation: $5.00
Spectators 6 and under = FREE

Range address: 2238 Toms Creek Rd. Martin,Ga. 30557

Directions to range: Get off at exit 166 on I-85 -Go West on Rt. 106 for 2.5 miles- Bare to the North on Rt. 145 -Go 2.5 miles -Turn right at large yellow range sign-
Take gravel road for 1/4 mile to range.

From Toccoa: At Rt. 17 Bypass and Rt. 145 - Turn South on Rt. 145 - Go 8 miles - Turn left at large yellow range sign -
Take gravel rd. for 1/4 mile to range.

For more info: Joe Parker Home: 706-865-XXXX

Email : redhillrange@XXXXXXX

There are several Class III Shoots coming up in November. Red Hill in Ellijay is having one again. Nov. 10th or 17th

Fort Gordon is having one around 0th of November - google "the fort gordon signal" which is a newsletter and it should have details

Piedmont Al area gun range is having one called the The Alabama Shoot

Black Dog law Enforcement Range in Hilhem TN Sept 14th thru 16th. Google them for more info.

While alot of those are cool and what not, they aren't exactly the model I had in mind. I was hoping instead of a machine gun shoot where people go out and blast full autos you had items more people actually buy (IE suppressors) and it would be small enough that people could listen to other's cans and any companies present could show off their cans. Machine guns shoot often turn into a fun way to just throw tons of lead downrange and is more of a carnival than a chance to look at products you may actually buy. Also would be cool to get some metering done to add to the growing list of professionally metered cans.

Like I said, kind of like shot show but not really.... better!

Would there be any interest in getting a shoot together for the class III owners and dealers in Georgia? We could all see some of the other products out there, dealers could market some of their wares, maybe even get Liberty out there? I'd even try to get AraveloSocom out from NFA talk for some metering, he seems to travel to some of the bigger statewide shoots. From what I've seen when enough people get together a number of companies come out to show off their stuff to possible consumers.

Great Idea!

If it were really restricted to members only, it wouldn't be too crazy crowded. I would like to try a silencer. Not sure if it is really for me, but would be cool to give one a try!

While alot of those are cool and what not, they aren't exactly the model I had in mind. I was hoping instead of a machine gun shoot where people go out and blast full autos you had items more people actually buy (IE suppressors) and it would be small enough that people could listen to other's cans and any companies present could show off their cans. Machine guns shoot often turn into a fun way to just throw tons of lead downrange and is more of a carnival than a chance to look at products you may actually buy. Also would be cool to get some metering done to add to the growing list of professionally metered cans.

Sounds more like you want a sort of private event. Suppressor only shoot would be necessary. Or have times allocated for cans & time for non-suppressed fire.

A public event, like Red Hill is way too busy for a good demo & eval for potential customers. Too many yahoos just want to shoot your suppressed guns for free, no intent to buy anything, much less pay for the ammo.

I took demo guns to Red Hill one time, that was enough.

Back
Top Bottom