• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Off air TV antennas outdoor or indoor?

We use an over the air antenna, placed in the attic. Works great. And now Roku has added about 200 channels. We are Netflix and prime subscribers as well. Never a problem finding suitable entertainment. But we’re no sports fans…
Roku channels are also a great option if internet speeds are at least halfway decent.

I think that it really depends on where your house is located. Examples: in a valley area or next to a mountain ridge. Friend across my road, house on a hill, works great. My house lower than his but not in a valley has crappy cell service etc. just have to try different ones but keep the receipt so you can return if needed.

Anyone got any suggestions on which antenna is best?

eBay or Amazon. Get the AMPLIFIED outdoor model. It kinda looks like a UFO. It will have a really small power box that goes inside by the TV and it also revolves the antenna for you.
Anyway the key word here is amplified. It has to be that way to get any kinda distance to it. When we moved to Darien we had an indoor amplified style that worked fine in Peach Co. But Darien is a sad little stepchild of a town wedged between Savannah and Jacksonville which are the closest TV stations. So when we first got there I couldn't get a single channel. But with the antenna I got about 15 channels. Granted some were Spanish and some were religion. One or two kinda looked like Spanish religion. But you get the point.

I've used this one for a few years with good results.
Mounted it on the old mast left by DirecTV. :becky:

That's the one we had and was just suggesting.

To me there is enough crap on over the air antenna that I don’t subscribe to any cable either. I think ours picks up through the cable though, I don’t have an external antenna and I get great reception! Lol
watching a “Grimm” fest on tv right now ! lol. 😂

I just put a $25 "indoor" Digital Broadcast TV antenna on a wooden board and mounted it to a wooden pole that extends 15 feet above the metal roof of my house.

At first I connected it with 2 coaxial cables connected together with a barrel connector. But my reception was not so good. Two of my favorite channels would not come in clearly.

I replaced those two coax cables with one single unbroken, coaxial cable and now I get 110 channels.
PS: I'm 50 miles away from Atlanta.

Back
Top Bottom