• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Offers...wtf?!?!

I think anything over 20% is a low ball offer. I think you really get hit when you are trying to sell a package and you know exactly what you paid for the gun, ammo, sling, optic and...? They don't want to take any of that cost into account.
I don't disagree with what you're saying but I've seen rifles with a $9 sling and Barska scope and guys add $300 to the sale price for the "package".

I don't disagree with what you're saying but I've seen rifles with a $9 sling and Barska scope and guys add $300 to the sale price for the "package".

I think that's the issue at times. The difference in somethings "value" and what the seller paid for it. Somebody went to say a store that way overprices things and paid too much for gun, holster and ammo and then wants to recoup all of that is gonna way overprice it. As opposed to someone a little more knowledgeable that bases asking price on teh items ballpark value.

Example - J frames say a 642 or 442. Just this week I have seen new 642s in stores between $350 and $450. You see them on here for a deal of $300, a reasonable $325-350 all the way up to $450.

To me part of the fun of ODT is the hunting and watching and getting a deal. Curse @maidenfan (JUST KIDDING!) for beating me to a $350 seecamp and ammo today. ALL IN GOOD FAN! He is a stand up ODTer.

I like a good Glock price rant as much as anyone but let the market dictate itself. If somebody overprices something then they will likely still have it later.

I think anything over 20% is a low ball offer. I think you really get hit when you are trying to sell a package and you know exactly what you paid for the gun, ammo, sling, optic and...? They don't want to take any of that cost into account.
What if the seller lists it 2.5x higher than new retail price for a used gun? Honestly.....you can keep your sweat stained nasty holster and sling. ( "you" referring to anyone....not pointing anyone out")

Like buying used underwear. Unless is k
Kydex...i drown it in iso alcohol for 2 days. Im weird.

Or how about this...

..how about someone who lists a pos handgun thats $142 brand new gun for $350 used? Stock w/ 1 extra $15 mag?

Or wants to trade a $315 gun for a "quality ar10" or listing it 49% higher than retail price....gheesh

.....after seeing that i just put em on ignore...dont want to see it.....waste of time

880F0684-92A1-49D2-BF06-54675D2D2E9D.jpeg

yea
some of the neg rules are bs. you should be able to neg him. he made the offer,then backed out..
i had a reputable trader pull two caspers on me after we had a deal..,cant neg him,but can warn others thru pm about him...
i now follow him,when someone responds to him, i pm them and let them know to lock in a time and place..
just follow him,1 it ticks them off and 2 you can warn others in pms...
When you say “responds to him”, do you mean post in his sale thread? Or do you mean when someone PM’s him?

when they post up,sent pm,nice,subd,or whatever. i just warn them to lock in a time and place in pms,warn them of the "we can meet up tomorrow crap... just make sure they have a time and place set so they can neg his sorry butt...
cant call him out,but nothing in the rules against a warning to a friend....

Back
Top Bottom