• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Officers kill double amputee in wheelchair

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/...-police-kill-amputee-20120923,0,7012158.story

It appears this same LEO killed another guy with a knife in 2009. Maybe he is really really afraid of knives.

Blades are dangerous.

I don't even know what to think about the story.

The LEOs were in a no win situation and we don't know exactly what happened. We don't know what they were told before they encountered the man. Did someone at the group home warn the officers "this guy is dangerous" or "careful he has a knife"? If Stumpy does have a blade and injures the shooter's partner, we would wonder why he did not help his fellow officer.

Wow... just wow...

Just when you think the leos on here would have the decency to draw the line at shooting a double-amputee in possession of a BIC pen - bzzzzzt! Wrong!

This police state we live in is just ****ing fantastic! All the badge toters pop up and go "it's just one bad incident" "you don't know, you weren't there". Oh yeah, except for that other bad incident, and the other bad incident, and those other 4,863 bad incidents. Could you imagine the backlash if civilians went "you don't know, you weren't there" everytime some pos shot a cop? Wasn't it just a few "bad incidents" that lead to police unions pushing for window tint laws? Wasn't it a few nutcases with guns that lead police unions to back anti-gun groups? But just like all government employees, they expect not be held accountable for their actions.

IMHO, this is bad for the authorities and law enforcement officers in our entire country, no matter how you look at it. I have been reading comments on other news sites that are reporting this story and it seems there are far more negative comments about law enforcers than positive ones. This kind of story gives the appearance that law enforcement management is not able to control the hired help.

I understand that law enforcement officers are under a lot of stress and most likely in constant danger but they and their leaders must realize that their actions will come under intense public scrutiny today. Social media has been involved in toppling foreign governments and gives a collective voice to the American public like never before, a voice that doesn't die down quickly either. Instances like these flame the fire of discontent that is already smoldering under the feet of all of those in authority in our country today and these kinds of events can cause outright revolt. Many in government already fear an armed population, the last thing they need are suspect incidents like this that could spark a widespread insurrection.

It is no wonder that gun sales are up as wildly as they are, between the fears of economic collapse and fears of out of control government entities it should be no surprise that the average American citizen feels the need to heavily arm themselves for their own protection. I know I do.

Last edited:
Maybe, but then again did you actually read the story? Guy was 5150 & the same officer shot an armed suspect with a knife two years ago. Also a pen can be a deadly object. I remember a few times in Juarez, mexico where I carried a pocket full of them just for that reason.

but, were talking about a man , in a wheelchair, with no legs. if you stay back he can't threaten.

I call for a ban on pens. They are way too dangerous for the general public. I also hate when people open carry their BIC. It just screams , look at me.......Only LEO and military need tactical writing utensils. Pencils are okay because they are made of wood and can break but a pen is another matter all together.

Well in that case, the officers are lucky he didn't get up and kick them in the arse with his one foot, whilst he held them with his one hand.
I guess if they had gotten into a butt kicking contest, the two officers he would have lost and the entire force would have laughed at them.
The officers were probably bullied when they were in grammar school by an amputee and were having flashbacks.

If you don't want to get shot by the po po RUN!! In this fellows case roll away rapidly. Of course with only one arm he would only go in circles.

What reads better?
Two police officers shoot double amputee in self defense, or Two police officers get their ass handed to them by a double amputee.

Clearly read he had one arm and leg.

Okay I watched a thug amputee try to fight someone on Marta today, then he hung from the top railing and danced and rapped to rub it in the guys face who wouldn't fight the wheelchair bound man. I actually saw this and almost didn't believe it myself. I say choot em now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom