• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Official ODT Silver Thread

IMO, Don't liquidate silver to buy gold. The s/g price ratio indicates that silver is the better value at the present time. You likely paid a premium to buy the silver, which you will not recoup and will then have to pay a premium to buy gold.

I'm not a serious investor in metals, just accumulated some over the years, mainly through trades, so $50 here or there isn't going to be significant.

I'm just pondering which is more inflation 'resistant', a Luger or silver. At some point I suspect the WW I / II guns will be desired by fewer and fewer people as the tangible links to increasingly 'ancient' history diminish.

I'm only talking an oz for novelty value :)

Q for the group, I'd love to get an oz of gold, would you liquidate silver bullion or a P08 to get there, (based on not having the free $'s to just buy) ?
id trade out the silver when the gold to silver ratio (GSR) hits my prime point

I dont currently swap gold for silver or vice-versa, I know a lot of folks who do. I'm getting to the point now where I am starting to feel comfortable doing that

Apmex has a phil harmonic silver sale, buy a tube, get 1 free

But if you guys are looking for a cool deal on gov coins, check provident for their special on 2015 aussie funnel webs (1.59 ov spot at any quantity)

Not a killer deal but i like these (some have reported milk spotting but that is true for all canadian, uk, and aussie silver (the royal planchette suck evidently and can have weird wash to alot of them)

All the dealer premiums haveshot up and dont look to be coming down

When 40% halves and 35% nickels are well above spot with the big 3 it tells you something.....i think the market is going to dip more, or at least thats what the big distributors think
I agree, gonna be interesting to watch...

Back
Top Bottom