• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Official ODT Silver Thread

Article says "believed to contain...". Don't count them chickens yet.
But, if it's true, think it'll have any effect on gold prices?
In itself I don't think it would cause more than a very slight ripple. it would be worked into the system over a long period of time, I would think, and even if all at once wouldn't change market trajectory much if any.

In itself I don't think it would cause more than a very slight ripple. it would be worked into the system over a long period of time, I would think, and even if all at once wouldn't change market trajectory much if any.
If you calculation of 1.7% of world's known gold is suddenly introduced into the marketplace, I'd think it would make either a slow overtime impact or a pretty sudden drop in prices for at least a month or two. Granted I'm certain a lot of you fella's are much better versed in precious metals than I am.

If you calculation of 1.7% of world's known gold is suddenly introduced into the marketplace, I'd think it would make either a slow overtime impact or a pretty sudden drop in prices for at least a month or two. Granted I'm certain a lot of you fella's are much better versed in precious metals than I am.
I don't think it will hit all at once, and maybe not for years. The metals market is largely one of emotion, people seek to purchase metals above other assets based on fear and instability of markets and currencies and concerns over inflation. As with all markets, supply and demand ultimately drive price but demand is driven by factors other than need or end usage. 1.7% is a significant number but will absorb over a relatively short time period if and when it actually hits the market. The existence and impending entry of the 300 tons to the market could have more impact than the actual entry into the market. Investing in metals are not for those who would have a problem waking up in the morning and having a third of their stack of chips gone. This could be caused by any number of reasons, discovery of unknown or lost bullion only one of them.
If a person will buy when others are selling and sell when others are buying they will make money in metals or for that matter, whatever they deal in.

Any good places to buy silver rounds on the north side of the perimeter? I've thought about buying a few, but online seems too expensive with their markups.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

You can order direct from JMBullion, once you lock in your order you send them a check and they will ship to you. It takes 2-3weeks for the check to clear and to receive the package but you get low premiums and free shipping.
1oz silver round for $16.15: https://www.jmbullion.com/1-oz-sunshine-walking-liberty-silver-round/
100oz for $15.84/oz: https://www.jmbullion.com/100-oz-engelhard-silver-bar/

Have or get a CC that gives you 1.5-2% cash back and buy on EBay from one of the big PM Dealers.
See my posting: https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/official-odt-silver-thread.1332169/page-620#post-8321595

Back
Top Bottom