• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Officiating

VxqH0ZK.jpg

That guy is an idiot. (Disclaimer, only made it through less than half)

I find it interesting that you dismiss the NFL as entertainment that meets a story-line yet seem to point this all at ref incompetence instead of an attempt to influence the outcome. I really have no idea why the refs made (or rather didn't make) the calls they did. It could be as simple as selection bias. They're Alabama after all, and have been dominant, so maybe you just look the other way or feel that they're supposed to win so you make calls accordingly. Maybe the refs are blind or have terrible perception or don't understand rules. I really don't know. Conveniently however the spread hit exactly in the sweet spot for the bookies (many betting UGA would have bet the money-line while many betting Alabama would have given the points). The outcome was the best possible for the bookies. Does this mean the game was rigged and the Illuminati were in on it? I wouldn't go that far, but some things make you wonder.

You and I have been talking about this for the last few years and you quite literally have changed the way I look at the NFL now (I wish I was still blind, it was better then). There was a PI called on UGA on 3rd down I believe on what was an un-catchable ball and questionable PI. It extended the drive for Bama. This looked like one of the drive extending penalties that are so often called in the NFL. The NFL is also notorious for conveniently enforcing holding whenever they want to stop the other team from a drive.

Well please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it the score that ultimately determines who wins and loses, and that all other determining factors come in a distant second?

One of my favorite sayings is if you have more points than the other team when the game is over you're going to win a lot of games.

I'm truly proud of how Georgia did this year, but the absolute fact is they came up short. Blame it on the officiating, but if they had dominated in the second half exactly like they did in the first, they would be champs. The hands down best move of the entire game is when Saban switched qb's. That's what cost Georgia the trophy. And it was a brilliant decision, which is why Saban is the best in the business.......... His salary alone reflects that fact.

Reactions: GFB
I'm truly proud of how Georgia did this year, but the absolute fact is they came up short. Blame it on the officiating, but if they had dominated in the second half exactly like they did in the first, they would be champs. The hands down best move of the entire game is when Saban switched qb's. That's what cost Georgia the trophy. And it was a brilliant decision, which is why Saban is the best in the business.......... His salary alone reflects that fact.
Tha officials dominated the second half not Alabama guys, say what you want or believe what you want.

Back
Top Bottom