• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Officiating

I honestly think they were bad calls on both sides of the ball....cameras catch ALOT more than the refs see sometimes....

I agree it works both ways. Last night was really bad in my opinion, almost as bad as the refs in the SEC championship, which were very lopsided toward the barn. Yes, I do think there were very critical calls/no calls working for UA. I wouldn't mind seeing a retort of which calls were missed going to UGA last night. My red and black glasses have a tendency to see things my way (I admit it). It is what it is and even if they fired that officiating crew for incompetence, Bama still won and nothing would change.

I hope this off season that both the NFL and college football do something to address officiating accountability. Several of those calls/no calls last night could be easily overturned and quickly. It seems as though they have developed a fraternity and union based mind set and it's making the game even worse.

Yes I watched the game. Yes I've officiated at the collegiate level in a major conference. Yes there were mistakes made on both sides of the ball. No, the game was not fixed and those officials didn't get chosen for the National Championship Game by the NCAA by being incompetent. Promulgating the theory that the game was fixed without any factual basis for doing so is irresponsible.
I'm talking about you watching the clips at the link in the OP showing just some of the clearly bad calls, not the game. I assumed you watched the game. I'm perfectly fine with the theory that the game was not fixed and that it was simply horrendous incompetence that despite the odds favored one team. That's at least more accurate than "it was a fairly called game".

I agree it works both ways. Last night was really bad in my opinion, almost as bad as the refs in the SEC championship, which were very lopsided toward the barn. Yes, I do think there were very critical calls/no calls working for UA. I wouldn't mind seeing a retort of which calls were missed going to UGA last night. My red and black glasses have a tendency to see things my way (I admit it). It is what it is and even if they fired that officiating crew for incompetence, Bama still won and nothing would change.

I hope this off season that both the NFL and college football do something to address officiating accountability. Several of those calls/no calls last night could be easily overturned and quickly. It seems as though they have developed a fraternity and union based mind set and it's making the game even worse.
My glasses aren't red and black (that's just gawdy ;) ) it was honestly the most poorly officiated game I can ever remember seeing. Given what was at stake, everyone can draw their own conclusions about any method to the madness. Flip a coin. Doesn't matter. The outcome is the same.
But yeah, nobody likes a losing team's alum whining after the game no matter how warranted. So I'm happy to take that ball and run with it. This was just WAY over the top.

Blaming a loss on officiating is like blaming the condom breaking. You both know what you were doing there but didn't notice or didn't care about it until it was too late.
Yeah, that's not how it works, at all. I don't recall one reviewed play going the wrong way. Thankfully EVERY call isn't reviewed. Unfortunately, that apparently still leaves room for blatant incompetence, or worse, to affect the most important game of the year.
Other than that your analogy is ..... nope.... still completely irrelevant.

The head shoving to Fromm was right in front of an official but was not called. Plus
the little temper tantrum that the Ala. player M.Smith i think, his a$$ would have been gone to the locker room if he had jumped one of my coaches like he did on the sideline after he was called for a personal foul.

Saban put him back in the game. I have always respected Saban, for a football guy, and thought he was a no nonsense kind of coach. He lost my respect last night.

The interference call on Ga. was complete garbage. The no call on the facemask was crap. The unsportsmanlike conduct no call was crap. The punt block offsides call was crap. The false start on Alabama no call was crap. The list goes on and on.

I don't really care. I'm not losing sleep over any of it and don't care about a gaggle of future kneelers anyway, but I know BS when I see it and last night's "officiating" was complete BS.

Football. What a waste of time.

It doesn't matter what the refs do, it matters who plays better. It wouldn't have been so close otherwise.

Just like the election........ NOBODY officiating was letting Trump win, but the players(voters) made it happen.
Crying about the refs for the game is like the snowflake a**hats who are still blaming the Russians for Trump winning

Actually the bad call was getting involved in this thread full of emotion, personal attacks and conspiracy theories. Y'all have fun with this.
Yeah, that's a no brainer.I accept the truth that GA. lost and don't mind losing if it was a good officiated game like the Rose Bowl, but the obvious is bad calls and you guys can't admit it. I'm a good loser, as it was the two best teams that deserved to be there. But don't be blind because your team won, it shows how much you really know. It reminds me of a used car salesman that only has the best of cars in his lot and everyone else has bad cars. In other words he can't see past his own nose.

Bad calls happen, no game is perfect. We happen to be on the loosing end this time. It sucks but it happens in every sport.

Reactions: MRH
Saban put him back in the game. I have always respected Saban, for a football guy, and thought he was a no nonsense kind of coach. He lost my respect last night.
He's definitely changed over the years, slowly. He used to NEVER tolerate some of the things he does now. He honestly used to seem to be more concerned about discipline and developing the players as young men than winning. I know that may sound strange given his singular focus but it definitely appeared true. Now it seems like he's more concerned about the outcome and less about the journey which is a shame and it seems counterintuitive. His contract is secure until his apparently pending retirement so I don't understand the softening of his stance. You'd think if anything it would go the other way. :noidea:

Back
Top Bottom