• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Oh, how the times have changed....IROC, TransAm, Foxbody shootout circa 1985

If it came from NY it may be the same car. It was parked next to his dad's 59 Cadillac convertible he took to prom and the 73 TA 455 SD.
The number of cars he had rotting in the yard and the dozens of 50s Oldsmobiles in another field would make you cry. GTOs, LeMans, Vettes, assorted firebirds and TAs most matching number cars.
Not 100% sure. I just know is pictures on a checked garage floor on jack stands.

That would be crazy to see. Where is it?

Sad time in the American car industry....

The eighties pretty much sucked for American car companies........

I have to disagree. The mid 80s, specifically these cars, represented a resurgence of the American car. Tuned port fuel injection marked the beginning of the end for carburetors on GM products, and the Mustang followed suit in '86. Even the crappy Chrysler Kcars uggraded to fuel injection and turbos for bigger horsepower and better fuel economy. The aforementioned Buick Grand National, the Mustang SVO, the TBird Turbo Coupe, Dodge Conquest (and clones) - these all marked the return of fun in the car industry.

...and the Tuned Port Fuel Injection is still one of the coolest looking setups ever made. I'd love to find a good TPI 350 to go in my next project car.

I have to disagree. The mid 80s, specifically these cars, represented a resurgence of the American car. Tuned port fuel injection marked the beginning of the end for carburetors on GM products, and the Mustang followed suit in '86. Even the crappy Chrysler Kcars uggraded to fuel injection and turbos for bigger horsepower and better fuel economy. The aforementioned Buick Grand National, the Mustang SVO, the TBird Turbo Coupe, Dodge Conquest (and clones) - these all marked the return of fun in the car industry.

...and the Tuned Port Fuel Injection is still one of the coolest looking setups ever made. I'd love to find a good TPI 350 to go in my next project car.
5.0 liter with a whopping 215 HP Sad

Had an '83 Supra. I don't care, wouldn't mind having and driving hard a 'new' one just like it today. Fun times. :afro:

www.exoticclassics.com_galleria_images_424_424_main_l.jpg

Ok, I was fairly into cars back then. But as I am older my memory is not so great.

Best I can recall Ford dropped a marine cam in the Mustang 5.0 and it would better the Corvette in 0-60 in 1982. It got real after that.

Hell, the Ferrari 308 GTS that Magnum drove on TV was only good for a 7.8 second 0-60.

Man, I thought that was the coolest car in the world! Well, behind the Countach...

bangshift.com_wp_content_uploads_2013_04_magnum_pi.jpeg

Had an '84 Supra. I don't care, wouldn't mind having and driving hard a 'new' one just like it today. Fun times. :afro:

www.exoticclassics.com_galleria_images_424_424_main_l.jpg
what makes the new Japanese cars less appealing to me design wise now is that they intentionally alter the body, interior and engine for the united states instead of just switching the steering wheel side and importing them. The 80s toyotas and hondas i see on the road still look cool as Antarctica in my eyes

Back
Top Bottom