Here she is.

Attachments

• IMG_0389.JPG
    IMG_0389.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 25
Doesn't matter
A new
Camry or accord
Might be faster than a 78 bandit Trans am but it ain't in the same universe of coolness

And don't punching that 40 years from now people are going to be paying big money for a 2016 Camry like they do for a 72 or a 78 Trans am. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dammnn never knew the camry had gotten so fat lol and yah its crazy how little power we used to get out of a v8. those numbers are 4 banger territory now

Ok, I was fairly into cars back then. But as I am older my memory is not so great.

Best I can recall Ford dropped a marine cam in the Mustang 5.0 and it would better the Corvette in 0-60 in 1982. It got real after that.

Hell, the Ferrari 308 GTS that Magnum drove on TV was only good for a 7.8 second 0-60.

Man, I thought that was the coolest car in the world! Well, behind the Countach...

bangshift.com_wp_content_uploads_2013_04_magnum_pi.jpeg

IIRC my buddy's '84 Corvette was good for 0-60 in 7.4 sec. my daughter's '06 V6 Mustang will do it in 7.3 sec...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

one of the fleet, sounds fast 351C. Holley 750. Not as fast as my 2010 Challenger though

I had a '71 Cougar with the 351C and FMX auto. They were starting to load them up with emission controls and lower the compression even then, but after dropping an Offenhauser aluminum intake on it with a Holley 4-bbl, it was pretty respectable.

I had a '71 Cougar with the 351C and FMX auto. They were starting to load them up with emission controls and lower the compression even then, but after dropping an Offenhauser aluminum intake on it with a Holley 4-bbl, it was pretty respectable.

Most of the 70s cars with low HP numbers could be brought back to their former glory with a little work to undo the emission stuff

On some engines Ford just retarded the cam using a different timing gear on the cam so that was an easy swap

And a lot of cars had the ignition timing set way to low
Toss the cat , install A set of headers and an intake manifold and some carb tuning , and advance the timing got a lot of lost power back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The last two "antique car shows" I went to both had some middle 1980s cars.
Trans Am's and Firebirds. 280Z's. Mustang GTs. The Buick Grand National.
Even regular sedans-- Pontiac K cars!

I feel old.
Since when is a 1985 car an "antique" ??
They were brand-spanking new around the time I got my driver's license!!

Back
Top Bottom