• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Oil pan gasket leak

As long as the oil level is good and you have oil pressure you're not going to have a problem. It all depends on how everything is oriented underneath. If it's dripping oil down onto the exhaust that can be a problem! If it's not dripping straight onto the exhaust I don't see it catching on fire anytime soon. If the oil pan is fairly easy to get to then $400 sounds about right. However it is a front wheel drive and that can present some issues. If you get up underneath of it and see the whole oil pan and all the bolts that secure the oil panel and then it shouldn't cost more than four hundred bucks.

As long as the oil level is good and you have oil pressure you're not going to have a problem. It all depends on how everything is oriented underneath. If it's dripping oil down onto the exhaust that can be a problem! If it's not dripping straight onto the exhaust I don't see it catching on fire anytime soon. If the oil pan is fairly easy to get to then $400 sounds about right. However it is a front wheel drive and that can present some issues. If you get up underneath of it and see the whole oil pan and all the bolts that secure the oil panel and then it shouldn't cost more than four hundred bucks.
You can add some UV dye to the oil and run it a couple of miles and maybe you can find the origin with a black light.
I have done this on some real greasy equipment before.
Just a thought....

They're also might be a plastic cover covering the underneath of the engine. It did on the 2008 Mazda CX-7 that we had and I had to remove that to change the oil. Which is no big deal takes about a minute to take that off or less. It's an engine splash guard. I can't recall how that oil pan was situated.

From what it looks like it's just a handful of 10 mm bolts. It has no gasket from the factory so you just use a silicone sealer. Very easy install! 400 bucks to do that as a healthy some. Looks like a $200 job from what I'm seeing online.

Alldata is calling for over 4 hours. I’m not saying it can’t be done in less but it tells me unlike many lower pans that are just a few screws this may be a little more. Of course it’s a lot easier for me to do from my desk than my guys who would have it on a lift.

Alldata is calling for over 4 hours. I’m not saying it can’t be done in less but it tells me unlike many lower pans that are just a few screws this may be a little more. Of course it’s a lot easier for me to do from my desk than my guys who would have it on a lift.
That's what I saw looked like a handful of 10 mm bolts.

Back
Top Bottom