• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Okay.. who will admit they got screwed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beef is not with pricing - people can ask/pay what they want. My beef is with people who buy multiple guns they have no intention of keeping. They are buying them for the express purpose of selling them here (or Armslist or Gunbroker) for a profit. They are not dealers, but they play one on the internet. They don't play by dealer rules. They don't pay dealer fees. Personally, I think they lack character, are irresponsible, and I won't knowingly buy from such a person.

This. I sold a gun on here not too long ago for a very fair price to a member thinking I'd be helping another enthusiast out. Boy was I wrong, it was posted the next day for almost $300 more than purchase price! I PM'd him and told him I felt that was a low move and not what the ODT was supposed to be about. The reply was: "...not my fault you sold it too cheap, I can ask what I want for MY gun" Needless to say, under no circumstances will I sell anything to that member again.

Now it kinda sucks for someone who buys or trades with the intent of keeping an item. I've purchased a few things that I decided I wanted a better brand or something then put it back for sale. I try to put it on lower than most but would not sell it for a loss in this market so that I wouldn't feel like I got screwed. But I don't think selling at a higher market value and someone buying it is getting screwed if they both agree to the price and the item is as described.

Getting screwed would be more a seller saying its a a real aimpoint or something and it's really a $50 copy.

There are a few guns I have that are a hundred or more than what I would've paid before but oh we'll that's my fault for not buying the things I wanted before. Any ads that are way overpriced I just click the back arrow and laugh a little.

My beef is not with pricing - people can ask/pay what they want. My beef is with people who buy multiple guns they have no intention of keeping. They are buying them for the express purpose of selling them here (or Armslist or Gunbroker) for a profit. They are not dealers, but they play one on the internet. They don't play by dealer rules. They don't pay dealer fees. Personally, I think they lack character, are irresponsible, and I won't knowingly buy from such a person.

And if they are engaging in commerce via firearms it is a felony.

Have seen some high prices, usually counter offer, or wait to see if it gets relisted with a more reasonalble price. I think everyone has there limit on just how high/much they are willing to go. Same goes for Craigslist, ebay etc. So far all transactions and people I have dealth with here have been cool.

Last edited:
Everyone has their own way of dealing and you can tell the ones who enjoy trading from the ones who are using the forum as a front for their own personal firearms business such as glocks just bought yesterday that they are selling at $200 over retail.
God bless them if someone buys them.

Some are very generous and will throw in all their extra ammo to sweeten the deal and others would charge their own mother full retail for their precious extra box of ammo.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that you can really tell who is here to have fun and who is here to make money and I'm not bashing either really since everyone has their reasons and if someone is willing to pay their price, even if ridiculous....then viva capitalism.

I did that with a 20cal 25 year old German original Beeman spring air.... Let it go for half what it was worth... I had it posted... Stuck to my price. The 5 minute "I'll take it" was my first clue :)

Yeah, that quick "I'll take it" is a "Oh, crap" moment, LOL. I'm not really upset, I still did fine on my end.

I'm sure there are people that are being taken advantage of, but it's their own fault. People that don't do their research and don't have patience are doomed to pay more. It was like that before the panic and is like that in every other industry.

If I ever overpaid its because I wanted to. I haven't bought anything in this panic that wasnt listed at pre-panic prices.

I did have somebody sell me a broken gun that he refused to refund the money on. I , along with another he screwed, left negatives. He changed his screen name and is back on here selling.

I don't like the price, I just move on....

No use wasting my time trying to get someone to do me a favor by lowering it to something more "reasonable."

I believe in the free market. If demand reaches a high enough level, those items will sell. If it stays low enough, they won't. No harm, no foul.

(Needless to say, I haven't bought much here lately.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom