• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Okay.. who will admit they got screwed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of my time on ODT is spent buying, selling and trading. Last few days I have been reading more threads not in the classified section. Seems like lots of chatter about ODT sellers asking too much money for their product and trying to "rip-off" other ODTers.

Has this actually happened? Can anyone share their story about how they overpaid for a product and got ripped off by another ODT member? Please share.......

In a free market, the sale of a product can only happen when a buyer willingly agrees to buy and a seller willingly agrees to sell at a mutually agreed price and terms. Based on that logic, I can not understand the amount of concern I am hearing and seeing about ODTers potentially getting ripped off.

I believe the purchase side of my transaction sheet is longer than the selling side here on the ODT and I can say with certainty, I have not been ripped off or taken advantage of by any seller here on ODT. Heck, I even bought a used Glock at $650 last week from a ODT member and he was a fantastic gentleman and I feel very good about the purchase.

Flame me if you want...... I just don't think the general ODT member is stupid enough to allow themselves to get taken advantage of.

God Speed......

You really paid 650 for a used glock? Why?

I don't like the price, I just move on....

No use wasting my time trying to get someone to do me a favor by lowering it to something more "reasonable."

I believe in the free market. If demand reaches a high enough level, those items will sell. If it stays low enough, they won't. No harm, no foul.

(Needless to say, I haven't bought much here lately.)

No harm, no foul except it wastes everyone's time. What is the point of listing a glock for $800? Thats just stupid and a waste of bandwidth and more importantly my time when I have to click on the ad to see the price and realize the seller is retarded.

This thread would be interesting if it was "Okay...who will admit they screwed someone"...

I once bought a MAADI for $450 bucks off of here. I will admit that I screwed the seller over, but he was happy with the sale. I let him know what I thought it could reasonably sell for, but he just wanted what he had in it.

Question......Who let who get ripped off? If you pulled your money out of your pocket, that is your fault! Now, I paid a higher price for an AR upper, but I did it because I wanted that bad and in light of the current situation I made that choice. Am I mad....NO! Am I happy?... Yes! My gun is complete and I still built it for the going rate of a NIB one! I enjoyed building it! So if people are willing to pay what they pay it is their choice. I personally have not sold anything yet on ODT, but have been a buyer, and have met some very nice individuals that are all of the same mentality on the 2nd Amendment. I thought that was awesome. If anyone on here feels they got " ripped off", then they did not do enough investigating, or ask enough questions. I have found I have received truthful answers from ODT participants, and some that just cracked me up!

This problem may happen again 2014 if the Democrats win the house and there is a good chance of this happening.

If and when things settle down it would be time to buy ammo and other items so you can be prepared to weather another storm.

I bought enough before the 08 election that I can have ammo to shoot and not worry about replacing it.

Those of us know what the stuff is worth, If you pay more its your own fault. Not saying I dont think its bull to rip off members. I just laugh and click the next post...But the high grossers will end up getting stuck with there stuff here shortly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom