• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

One Gun - What would you choose?

If you could only have one.... which would you choose & why?

• Total voters
Just get me a Gorilla with a Tommy Gun to stand watch and I will sleep like a baby.

giphy.gif

Seriously? Only one gun to choose? That's insanity man.....

I kinda do.... More anecdotal vs. hard data.... Working in the OR, and responding to every Trauma call that rolls in especially GSW when on call..... See a majority of thru and thru wounds with small caliber (.22-.38) especially in extremities. Though in thorax or abdoman entrance wound common, usually no exit wounds. Patient usually ran for exploratory lap or gets their chest cracked...

9mm, 40’s and 45’s tend to be same more through and through because the street uses cheap FMJ’s..
if they hit an artery or great vessel, we usually crack their chest in the ER because they will not make it up to the OR in time...

In all honesty not to many people survive .45 shootings....
So much transfer of energy and massive blood loss and vascular damage...

No surprises here..

We do have a Trauma registrar I might be able to ask her if she would run a report on Calibers...

I kinda do.... More anecdotal vs. hard data.... Working in the OR, and responding to every Trauma call that rolls in especially GSW when on call..... See a majority of thru and thru wounds with small caliber (.22-.38) especially in extremities. Though in thorax or abdoman entrance wound common, usually no exit wounds. Patient usually ran for exploratory lap or gets their chest cracked...

9mm, 40’s and 45’s tend to be same more through and through because the street uses cheap FMJ’s..
if they hit an artery or great vessel, we usually crack their chest in the ER because they will not make it up to the OR in time...

In all honesty not to many people survive .45 shootings....
So much transfer of energy and massive blood loss and vascular damage...

No surprises here..

We do have a Trauma registrar I might be able to ask her if she would run a report on Calibers...
What I gathered from your story is that people shot with handguns live a long time and make it to the hospital. But people shot with rifles and shotguns DRT and go to the morgue.
But what does it have to do with 1911s and Sig's lol?

What I gathered from your story is that people shot with handguns live a long time and make it to the hospital. But people shot with rifles and shotguns DRT and go to the morgue.
But what does it have to do with 1911s and Sig's lol?

Absolutly nothing... I was responding to Mirvins question in post 51... And you are correct... never had a pt come in alive with a rifle wound.. They were pronounced in the ER...

Back
Top Bottom