• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

One Gun - What would you choose?

If you could only have one.... which would you choose & why?

• Total voters
So based on your choices I voted 1911’s have a fleet from Kimbers, Springfields and Colt. So I stayed in the spirit of the OP... I personally never owned a Glock until I shot one... Very well in fact. I fell in love with the simplicity and accuracy and the abuse they can take. With Glock being local I purchased my first.

It is now my GTG, even though its the cheapest gun in my collection.
You work fast. my friend..

Sig P220 but it must be a West German model. I don’t shoot that yankee made crap .

I don’t get the hype when it comes to the 1911 . I’d rather have a cz72 clone or something .

Now if I had to choose one and only one ... that would be the sten. I can keep this thing running forever by just using my Home Depot card . One mattress would supply me with enough springs for a lifetime . Plus it works when you make sure parts are in spec .

E2EB857A-B29D-4EB4-8CD9-CAA538AA4B47.jpeg

A solid 1911. Can’t improve on perfection. If you run out of ammo, you can beat a horse to death with an empty 5” 1911.

Troo. Just put a deposit on a NHC Govt m'self...

I've moved in and out of several 1911s but never let go of my early 220. If you let go of the 220, you'll just get another one day. If you sell the 1911, you'll get a BETTER one some day!

Gospel....

I like the P220 but I love The 1911

Samesies

If had to choose only one handgun to be the only handgun I own for all purposes, I'd have to go with a modern "safe action" striker fired pistol, full sized for better accuracy and satisfaction at the range (action pistol matches and such), in 9 mm or .40 cal. AND it would have to use a staggered magazine that holds at least 12 rounds, preferably 15. So, I reject both of your options in the O.P.

If I "had to" pick between the two low-capacity pistols in the OP, I'd take the 1911.
Better trigger pull, longer barrel and sight radius, and if it's the only handgun I ever use, I will be familiar with all of its quirks, such as carrying it in Condition One.

Of all the choices listed so far, I wonder which one causes the most pain when you get shot by it? Anybody have any first hand experience with the hurt factor?

Back
Top Bottom