• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

One Gun - What would you choose?

If you could only have one.... which would you choose & why?

• Total voters
If had to choose only one handgun to be the only handgun I own for all purposes, I'd have to go with a modern "safe action" striker fired pistol, full sized for better accuracy and satisfaction at the range (action pistol matches and such), in 9 mm or .40 cal. AND it would have to use a staggered magazine that holds at least 12 rounds, preferably 15. So, I reject both of your options in the O.P.

If I "had to" pick between the two low-capacity pistols in the OP, I'd take the 1911.
Better trigger pull, longer barrel and sight radius, and if it's the only handgun I ever use, I will be familiar with all of its quirks, such as carrying it in Condition One.

Okay okay..... so maybe we cheat and have a SiG P320RX with a few 21rd mags hidden in our sock...

I say 1911 from your options but FNX tactical is on my nightstand

I owned one of these and just couldn't get along with it. I've tried Glocks (even borrowed a really nice one that had been worked over by Agency Arms), XD's, XDM's, FNS, even two sizes of USP.... and the only polymer gun I ever really connected with was the P320.

The results speak for themselves.... I cant hit the broad side of Walmart with a Glock, but the P320RX is almost like cheating because... well... it is!

(5 yards up top, 15 yards down low)

Attachments

• 20180506_193226.jpg
    20180506_193226.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 16
Back
Top Bottom