• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Opinions Needed - Prepper Business

For internet sales ,come up with 100 line items you think will be hot for you. See what they sell for on ebay and amazon. Then find a source that eill sell to you for half that, and what size order you must place to get those prices. Do these products have an expiration date? Are they year around sellers or only every 3 years when the big one comes?

How much cash you are willing to tie up in inventory?

How will you store your inventory?
Most small businesses fail due to lack of cash in the first few years, do you have that covered?

Have you considered all the other companies that are doing this in that area and how their P/L looks?

I’ve done some cursory market research and I only came up with one business that marketed toward preparedness. It’s a multi level marketing model which definitely is not what I’m interested in.

My thought is more along the line of the Truprep model (if/when I open an actual store), but I would start out 100% online for the first year or two.

As far as P/L, I haven’t gotten that far.

I fully agree with what Tikker Tikker said. Nobody is ready for a storm until the day before then it's a mad dash to Publix, home depot or Ace hardware. O the Liquor store.

Back
Top Bottom