• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Opinions wanted on a Car crash I had .

Davers

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
37   0
Reaction score
So I was hit from behind on I -75 by a 22-23 y/o Kid ( I was doing 70+ Mph ) in the slow lane , looked into the Rear View & saw a speeding Truck & within a split sec BANG!

He tried to Run but I caught up with him & he pulled over , It took his (or the Owners Ins ) a Month to figure out he was not covered to drive that Truck .

Now Our car is 2004 Buick Century & we had a new / rebuilt Tranny / Starter put in last May & then $1000 more in Engine work , It is /was running better than it has in years . + I really did not want to spend the 3 grand on such an old car but was overruled . 'Oh -well '.

Now as of Tuesday our Ins wants to total it & I assume they will not offer us much for it & the $1,000 co pay hurts also .

So , my wife has ruined her credit ( I'm pissed) over a Wal-mart card but that's another story .

I was given a 1982 Chevy S-10 Tahoe last Spring but it need a-lot of work but it dose run .

I wonder should I keep the car & drive it as it runs well & it just has rear end damage or get what $ the Ins will give us & get a cheap used car if we can find one .

My main question is should I sue the owner of the Truck for what we have had or will have to pay out of pocket ?
Would it be worth the time & lawyer fee?

I could drive down to the address on the Accident report & talk to the owner before serving him , if he even speaks English ???

IDK I'm ILLLLLLL!

Also I want Cherokee Co to Suspend the driver 's licence & give him the max fine , like Cobb did me every-time I got caught driving suspended .
but
These day;s who knows ?

Use your recent records and ask for arbitration cars are more expensive now and hood running cars with mechanical updates are selling for thousands more than before , pull some comps from local lots to show true values. Don’t take the first offer you could literally double your settlement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tell them that you want to keep the car and that the $1k is not near enough. Also i would go after the owner of the trucks insurance.

Yes do this unless the owner reported the car stolen you can make the argument that they accept the liability by allowing the person to operate the vehicle , I would get that nagging back pain checked out and call one of those billboard law firms .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tell them that you want to keep the car and that the $1k is not near enough. Also i would go after the owner of the trucks insurance.

This is what I'm going to do . 99% Likely .

It runs great , all the rear end lights work , except 1 bulb is broke .+ We really don't drive it that much at all .

Dude knew he did not have Ins , that's why he took off , I tried to be Nice & did not tell the Cherokee Officer ( who seemed annoyed he had to be there ) the he tried to run on me . I told Cobb 911 that fact , but the Cherokee Officer did not ask 'why we were 4 miles South of where the crash occurred , if he would have asked I would have told him that he ran . I was young and dumb so I figured I help the Kid out .

The Cop told me to leave , so I don't even know if he went to jail , I do think they towed the Truck tho .

The kid wanted me Sooooo Bad to just exchange info & let him go but I was not playin that .

Laxguy59 Laxguy59
He is my go to. I have been in so many accidents over the years, it is honestly not worth fighting them on your own if you aren’t at fault. I’ve used other Lawyer’s before him, but he is my only call now. Chris is a good dude and I never hesitate to pass his info along.
Ill likely give him a call , I've never had a situation like this before so ill learn as I go .

I thank you & everyone for the info .

My OCD Worry I really Killing Me .

Back
Top Bottom