• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Our 'fellow traders'....

That's the way it should be; I've had a similar situation where they forgot to bring the extra back-straps, scheduled another meet close to me and we were good; I have also forgotten to take a spare part with me to a meet and upon realizing I left it at home, offered to give the person cash on the spot for my oversight.

Mistakes happen, it just comes down to how it's handled.

That's the way it's done, I was 20 minutes late to a meet tonight and glockmania waited for me. Gave him an extra $7 above the agreed upon price for the wait.

So I made a trade with fellow trader, B-Maj, last weekend. As we wrapped things up, I asked about the owners manual, which was supposed to be included. He got an awful look on his his face and said, "Oh no, I forgot it and left it home.". He was a good half hour from home and I had to leave to get back, so we agreed that I would give him an address and he would drop it in the mail.
So Wednesday, I get an apologetic text that he just sent it that day and that he would slide a $5 in with the manual so I could get a 'cup of coffee' for my trouble - since he gave his word he would send it 'right away'. I got the manual (express mail) and the unexpected $5 as promised. He did not have to do that. If I got it next week, it would have been fine and I told him that.

Who does stuff like this anymore??? I guess a man that cares about his word and reputation. Great guy to deal with and man of his word. My wife has asked me why I like trading on ODT... well people like B-Maj are why.
You're doing it all wrong. Do you even ODT? :confused: You are supposed to complain about no shows, high prices, and faults discovered after the fact. A guy living up to his word and going the extra to make it right is stuff of fairy tales (proven by the fact three are no pics).

j/k of course. Good on you for acknowledging a stand up member. :yo:

That's the way it's done, I was 20 minutes late to a meet tonight and glockmania waited for me. Gave him an extra $7 above the agreed upon price for the wait.
Same happened to me with another member when I ran 5-10 mins late getting out of work, took $20 off our agreed price before even exchanging hellos - He didn't think it was necessary, but I wouldnt feel right.

Back
Top Bottom