• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Out of state inheritance

You could even ship them to yourself if you didn't want to transport them in a vehicle (pricey, but an option).

There is a local FFL here in Middle Georgia that I know of who charged a long time customer $35 PER TRANSFER (for an entire collection) to hand over HER OWN GUNS that she shipped to his shop. She didn't understand the law so she had the guns shipped to a "receiving FFL." Big mistake as this guy in particular is a scum bucket of the highest order. Outrageous.

Ship the guns to yourself if you need to, but go get them and drive them home if you can.

I am considering the road trip. I have nothing better to do. Just a bit concerned with driving cross country with a “few” crates of firearms. Not looking for any troubles. I know if I mind my manners, the chances are slim. But????

I hope not as that would be pricey. May have to make friends with a local FFL???

I would do like others said and just go get them yourself or ship to yourself. But
If you decide to go the FFL route I'll be happy to help. I do free transfers for ODT members anyway. For a large quantity of guns I'd obviously need a little compensation for my time but I'm more than reasonable and easy to deal with.

I would do like others said and just go get them yourself or ship to yourself. But
If you decide to go the FFL route I'll be happy to help. I do free transfers for ODT members anyway. For a large quantity of guns I'd obviously need a little compensation for my time but I'm more than reasonable and easy to deal with.
Boom! There you go

Could be cheaper for the OP to have the guns mailed to you rather than do the cross country thing.

Thank you. I am going to see how it all shakes out. I will Be in touch if I this is the route I decide to take. I was doing the math and at $35 per I could fly out and take a vacation then rent a vehicle to come back. Lol was just curious about any laws regarding transport. Not sure if it is in a will or if I need some type of bos? Just never dealt across state lines. Apologies if I may sound ignorant on the issue.

Thanks again for the offer on the transfer!!

Back
Top Bottom