• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Passing a School Bus - Lesson Learned

Yeah those move over laws are nothing but revenue generators. Screw those cops right? If they have the nerve to get out on the side of the road and write a revenue ticket for something as stupid as passing a stopped school bus or 91 in a 55 mph zone. Then they deserve to get run over, right? RIGHT??? You assholes make me sick

Wait til it happens to you.

I defend LEOs all the time around here.

But in my situation, I came over a blind hill in the right lane-and the jackass was no more than 50 yards from the top. I looks to get over to the left lane-but there was a car there. I even slowed down-but idiot in car to left slowed down and blocked me.

First ticket in over 10 years. Third one in 30 years of driving. And it burns my ass.

Some cops are great, some are asshole. I happened along upon Mr asshole and it cost me $500-in a situation where it was impossible to move over without causing a wreck.

I'm gonna smile when I see you here bitching about getting nailed one day.... (Unless you are a LEO yourself and can get away with whatever, through "professional courtesy." )

iu

If I ever seen that school bus setup, I will attempt to catch it on video-and make damn sure the news gets ahold of it.

Some people definitely deserve to get fired.

A freaking empty school bus sitting around and popping out the stop sign just to trap people-give me a break!

(And for those who think traps don't exist-I know someone used to sit up in the courthouse in Forsyth and flip the controls of a traffic light whenever they saw a car with out of state plates. That sort of crap is unacceptable on all levels.)

Everything is a trap if you can't comply with the law.

A school bus sitting there with no kids and no purpose other than to pop out the stop sign is most certainly a trap.

If I were the traffic court judge, I would have some serious questions for this PD.
whats the difference between that and using a lady cop dressed as a hooker to bust folks?

As much as I hate to bump this thread I thought I would share the resolution. First of all, this thread and a post I made on Facebook came back and bit me. The solicitor chewed my butt out for it. So be aware of what you post here and elsewhere online about your legal dealings. I went through the entire thread and edited out all of my stupid comments. In the end, I took a defensive driving class back in January as suggested by a couple lawyers I spoke with. My plan, if the court refused to work with me, was to ask for a continuance and then hire an attorney. I spoke with the solicitor and after explaining my story and presenting the certificate from the completed DD course, she recommended to the judge to reduce the fine from $1k down to $500 and to use the zero points provision. When I spoke with the judge and explained my case and requested the fine be lowered more, he offered $400 plus fees and I accepted it. My advice to all of you is to be careful what you post here as it can be used against you. I am just glad this is all over and settled. Thank you to everyone who offered advice and for those of you who gave me a hard time, I deserved it.

Somebody must have called the Solicitor's attention to this thread. I'm pretty sure searching the internet for screen names and locations of traffic offenses to see if somebody's been chatting about it online is NOT normal, except for murder, kidnapping, trafficking, etc.
But if any one of us are involved in a use-of-force situation where we shoot somebody, you should expect investigators to look at all the websites you visit, your FB page, your Twitter account, etc. Anything you said that sheds light on your mindset or attitudes about using deadly force or about the kind of people you ended up in a confrontation with will be fair game to beat you up with in court later.

Back
Top Bottom