• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

People that pull out BOS during a trade....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you against BOS in general or just in relation to guns? Just wondering what you do in the case of buying a car/boat/trailer off of somebody and having to give all of that information? As I stated earlier I don't normally ask for one but I don't flip out either if somebody does want one... Heck I just signed a BOS to a guy who bought my dirtbike last week. He brought it. I wasn't going to flip out and send him away when he was standing there with cash in hand.
If you are asking me and can't see the difference (which has been explained multiple times) between doing a BOS on a vehicle that legally requires registration, or any other object for that matter that isn't prone to targeting by thieves and which has ownership protected by the Constitution, and has an entire industry lobbying for it's elimination... well.... I'm quite certain I won't be able to explain it.

Maybe you should take all this time and energy to your congressman and tell them how they need to change that law because you don't want ya identity stolen.

What is your legal retention schedule when it comes to my personal information? Why in the **** would I give you any information on me? If you are that hard headed, get a 4473.

I am like fish biting at the worm. The item being sold is just an item. Your rights under the 2nd have nothing to do with it.

The 5th amendment prohibits the government from taking any of my property. So everything I own is actually protected by the constitution. Yet bills of sale for sale of private property between individuals have been a staple of business transactions, disputes, and court proceedings for 100s of years.

You are right. A gun is just an item and if I sell you a used coffee table, I won't demand a BoS.

You are right. A gun is just an item and if I sell you a used coffee table, I won't demand a BoS.

But But what if he pulls off a leg and beats someone to death with it. You need to be protected captdave. From now on we should demand a BoS on all coffee tables

I have a coffee table with extra storage! A high capacity table.
You might want to have that transferred through someone with a Federal Coffee Table License. I mean they could be a felon just waiting to use your coffee table in the commission of a crime and then blame you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom