• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

People that pull out BOS during a trade....

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does have standing but it is not the magic "get out of jail free" card some think it is.
You will have to establish it as real, not "proof" by itself that it is not stolen by you. But it is a lot more "proof" than "I got it from some guy" I don't do BOS so that if they ever come looking for the guns around here they will have as hard of a time finding them as possible. But somewhere someone found that a BOS does not stand alone as evidence, and "UN INFORMED" people started saying they were useless. By this standard video evidence is worthless. It cannot stand alone as evidence, you have to "establish that it was taken on a certain date, location, and it was really the people/person involved.Kinda like getting some basic info on a BOS. I say if you are more comfortable with a BOS then get one, just leave it to name and date. You might as well get and address as well, takes about 15 min on free sites to get any info I need to find the person anyway. Takes half that if I use a pay site to gather information.The ID theft part is BS as you should already have protections in place for that. Again I can do simple web seach and find out enough indoor to steal your identity in about 15-30 minutes.

Last edited:
You will have to establish it as real, not "proof" by itself that it is not stolen by you. But it is a lot more "proof" than "I got it from some guy" I don't do BOS so that if they ever come looking for the guns around here they will have as hard of a time finding them as possible. But somewhere someone found that a BOS does not stand alone as evidence, and "UN INFORMED" people started saying they were useless. By this standard video evidence is worthless. It cannot stand alone as evidence, you have to "establish that it was taken on a certain date, location, and it was really the people/person involved.Kinda like getting some basic info on a BOS. I say if you are more comfortable with a BOS then get one, just leave it to name and date. You might as well get and address as well, takes about 15 min on free sites to get any info I need to find the person anyway. Takes half that if I use a pay site to gather information.The ID theft part is BS as you should already have protections in place for that. Again I can do simple web seach and find out enough indoor to steal your identity in about 15-30 minutes.
Do you think it wise or ill advised to give people you don't know your address and specifics on any guns you own?

The Pro BoS guys sell it like this "if a gun you owned is ever used in a crime you could go to jail" and that is horse****.

Passed on Rem. 100 this AM, just because the fellow wanted to look at my DL.
I ain't got time for the paranoia.
The best way not to break any laws, is to know the laws, instead of sitting around looking stupid all the while having your rights trampled because you don't know whether you are breaking laws or not.

Passed on Rem. 100 this AM, just because the fellow wanted to look at my DL.
I ain't got time for the paranoia.
The best way not to break any laws, is to know the laws, instead of sitting around looking stupid all the while having your rights trampled because you don't know whether you are breaking laws or not.
That's a bit overkill. You're not losing your rights by showing your id to a fellow ODT to ensure you're not out of state. What if the guy is from SC and you just completed a transaction to an out of state buyer/seller? You just broke federal law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom