• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

People w/experience and knowledge. What are some of the best recent trucks?

WildMan

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
102   0
Reaction score
I finally gotta just buy a truck.

I'm looking to spend 35-40k, which I know is a pittance to many modern truck prices.

It'd be great to find one that's newer and maybe has some warranty left. I've surprisingly seen some well fitted Tacoma's around my price point.
I'm certainly open to full size as well. I just sure as **** don't want to finally pony up for a truck and have something that's gonna break or be unreliable.

I'm obviously researching online, but still want as much input as I can get.

I am pretty damn curious about the Nissan trucks. They don't resell well at all, but they offer a damn good warranty.

Thanks for any help guys.

I love mine 32k miles Like brand new did add some improvements K&N Cool air intake, Throttle commander which took care of the slow throttle responce, 4 new Micheline Defender tires and the remote start is being installed tomorrow..
tacoma3.jpg

My last two trucks have been a used 2015 and used 2018 Ford F-150. While you have the cash, I'd recommend financing a small part with Delta Community Credit Union and purchasing their extended warranty. I got a six year; 120,000 mile warranty. The six years is from when you buy the truck. The 120k is total mileage. With all the new technology in trucks, it was a no brainer for me. Get whatever you want, finance a little and get an awesome warranty.

I would highly recommend the new generation of Ford Rangers. Take a look and compare the specs to anything else on the market in it's class and I think you will be impressed. 275HP, 310 lb-ft of torque, 10 speed transmission, 19.4 MPG is what I have averaged in my local driving. They claim 24 MPG highway but I have not really done enough to see what it will do. This is for the base model 2.0L turbo 4cyl. They also have a 2.7L V6 available now I believe and a Raptor model with twin turbo 3.0L V6. I have 15K on mine and not a single problem. Tows my boat like there is nothing back there. I have no complaints at all with it.
Ranger.jpg

Hard to beat a Toyota. Stay away from Nissan. I had one, it was decent truck. But I've heard the new ones aren't so good. Get a good full size or Toyota and you should be set for a long time. If you get a 3/4 ton you'll always have plenty truck to do whatever comes up. I have one I've been driving almost 30yrs

Since 1987 I have driven ONLY Toyota trucks never disappointed in quality or performance. Recently I bought a Chevy and a Jeep and had a Dodge for a minute. I was never more disappointed. My Ford is doing alright I reckon but the drivers window has something called bounce back from a low battery issue. I need to take it in to be fixed.

I'm looking to spend 35-40k, which I know is a pittance to many modern truck prices.

It'd be great to find one that's newer and maybe has some warranty left. I've surprisingly seen some well fitted Tacoma's around my price point.
I'm certainly open to full size as well. I just sure as **** don't want to finally pony up for a truck and have something that's gonna break or be unreliable.

I am pretty damn curious about the Nissan trucks. They don't resell well at all, but they offer a damn good warranty.

No on the Nissan, there's a reason for the low resale value. Can't go wrong with a Tacoma or Tundra, there just great trucks, highest resale value on the market, and there is a reason for that too. I have been a mechanic for 40 plus years, take my word for it.

Since 1987 I have driven ONLY Toyota trucks never disappointed in quality or performance. Recently I bought a Chevy and a Jeep and had a Dodge for a minute. I was never more disappointed. My Ford is doing alright I reckon but the drivers window has something called bounce back from a low battery issue. I need to take it in to be fixed.
Once you've had a Toyota, it's hard to go back

Toyota for sure. I had to purchase a truck quickly when I woke one morning to about 6 quarts of oil underneath my 2009 GMC. I purchased a new Chevy with 6 cylinder engine, and it was not enough to pull my equipment (my bad). Then I traded for a 2018 Chevy 4x4 extended cab. The transmission feels like it's going to fall out when it shifts. Only 30K miles. Supposedly fixed by Chevy. NOT! Still doing the same thing. Get a Toyota!

I have a Tacoma v6 2WD, 2022, SR5. I love it. I’d get one before the new model year comes out and the design changes. They always have a few glitches to work out within the first few years of a new generation.

The only downside is a lack of serious towing power or have tall family the back seat is a bit cramped. Check out their Toyo guard care plans too. It included like 2 years of free basic maintenance.

Back
Top Bottom