• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

People w/experience and knowledge. What are some of the best recent trucks?

Researched for about three months.
ranger- test drove a Tremor version. Didn’t really want a turbo but all that was offered. Interior just seemed to narrow for me. Had some body squeaks coming from rear. Nothing really bad but it was there.

Canyon, Colorado- again four cylinder turbo. Rode good, no noises. Everything in vehicle is controlled through touch screen even turning on headlights.

Tacoma- my vehicle was a 2015 Tacoma Pro- When I was looking Toyota had put a stop sale on new 23’s Pros Something to do with a seat belt problem. Being late in the year, nit many choices on which ones to look at. A few limited models and sr 5’s scattered around metro area. New model coming out soon with new engines. But I dont buy any first year models of anything automotive.

ford sfx - 50,000 for 4x4 with very limits options. No power drivers seat in xl Stx model. At least in the Silverado Custom the driver seat is powered.

that left me with the Nissan Frontuer. New model came out in 2022. Wife has owned a Altima and Maxima each for about five years and we never had anything wrong just normal maintenance. Researched and learn that Jayco or Jacot build the transmissions for Nissan. When te new Frontier came out they supposedly used higher components in the new Frontier. Time will tell. I bought a Pro 4x with every option. Regular v6 engine 310 horsepower. As far as resale it is true but to put things in respective, the Toyota was over 6000 more in the beginning. There is only one thing I don’t like about my truck is it needs a small lift like the ZR2 or the Ford Tremor, Toyota Pro.

Depends on intended use for sure. I need to tow a 4k camper and don't like big trucks or have a garage spot for a 80-90K truck. So' I spend half that and got one that does all I will ever need from my truck. A 2021 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X, the last year for the old tried and proven body style, and the Pro 4 has every Ery bell and whistle Nissan offers. under 40k. And gets 14 mpg when towing thru Ga Mtns.
DSC03689.JPG

P1020190.JPG

I love my 2nd gen Tacoma. It does what I need it to do and it's been absolutely reliable. It is not a luxurious vehicle and there's nothing high tech about it. I like older generation Tundras too. If you don't need something heavy duty, Toyota is hard to beat.

Even though I'm a Nissan hater, the current Frontier has some appeal because it's still relatively old school.

I finally gotta just buy a truck.

I'm looking to spend 35-40k, which I know is a pittance to many modern truck prices.

It'd be great to find one that's newer and maybe has some warranty left. I've surprisingly seen some well fitted Tacoma's around my price point.
I'm certainly open to full size as well. I just sure as **** don't want to finally pony up for a truck and have something that's gonna break or be unreliable.

I'm obviously researching online, but still want as much input as I can get.

I am pretty damn curious about the Nissan trucks. They don't resell well at all, but they offer a damn good warranty.

Thanks for any help guys.
I recommend shopping for an older one owner Tundra or Tacoma that the private owner is selling... stay away from dealers. Have it inspected & scanned by a qualified Toyota mechanic before you buy it. Low miles and remaining warranty are less important than proper maintenance & care.
I have a 2002 that I recently purchased with 180,000 one owner miles, I also have a 2007 that I purchased several years ago when it had 270,000 miles. Both are excellent trucks.

Is It Worth to Buy a Toyota Tundra With Around 200k Miles?

I drive a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 crew cab with a 5.7 Hemi. I've had it for 10yrs and it now has 191000 miles on it. Great truck and just keeps going. Power steering never has gone out and original pump.

A buddy has a 2013 and I wouldn't touch it or any newer one. His has an electronic power steering system. His power steering died and it cost $2000.00 for the part to repair himself.

I own a 2017 Titan. Just passed 80k miles. No issues. Great truck, hauls butt and can get 22 mpg on the highway if you feather the gas and stay under 80.

Researched for about three months.
ranger- test drove a Tremor version. Didn’t really want a turbo but all that was offered. Interior just seemed to narrow for me. Had some body squeaks coming from rear. Nothing really bad but it was there.

Canyon, Colorado- again four cylinder turbo. Rode good, no noises. Everything in vehicle is controlled through touch screen even turning on headlights.

Tacoma- my vehicle was a 2015 Tacoma Pro- When I was looking Toyota had put a stop sale on new 23’s Pros Something to do with a seat belt problem. Being late in the year, nit many choices on which ones to look at. A few limited models and sr 5’s scattered around metro area. New model coming out soon with new engines. But I dont buy any first year models of anything automotive.

ford sfx - 50,000 for 4x4 with very limits options. No power drivers seat in xl Stx model. At least in the Silverado Custom the driver seat is powered.

that left me with the Nissan Frontuer. New model came out in 2022. Wife has owned a Altima and Maxima each for about five years and we never had anything wrong just normal maintenance. Researched and learn that Jayco or Jacot build the transmissions for Nissan. When te new Frontier came out they supposedly used higher components in the new Frontier. Time will tell. I bought a Pro 4x with every option. Regular v6 engine 310 horsepower. As far as resale it is true but to put things in respective, the Toyota was over 6000 more in the beginning. There is only one thing I don’t like about my truck is it needs a small lift like the ZR2 or the Ford Tremor, Toyota Pro.
I've owned 2 Nissan Titan's one 2004 bought new and kept it 7 years and put 220,000 and had no major issues. Bought another Titan 2011 and just sold it to a co worker it had 290,00 miles and going strong on same drive train. Both Titans where Pro 4X. I do know to stay away from the Nissan diesel's as there have been reported problems when mated to the automatic transmissions.

Back
Top Bottom