• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pick your guns

Sure_Shot

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
72   0
Reaction score
About to fire up my second marriage... (she doesn’t know that yet though).... and I’m GOING to consolidate my rifles. Don’t get me wrong, I love my guns, but she’s more important than being able to play with fun guns.

That being said, I hunt. A lot! (And she’s cool with it) My safe is full of scoped hunting rifles I haven’t shot in years. Some I’ve bought new, never scoped and never shot. My AKs and ARs are here to stay though along with my handguns.

But I honestly don’t need every hunting rifle. I’m looking to LITERALLY take it down to FOUR rifles. The calibers I have are:

30-30
35 Rem
7mm-08
270 win
30-06
7mm mag
300 win mag
12ga slug scoped w/Nikon slughunter (favorite)

What calibers would you keep and why? I honestly feel 4 hunting rifles for deer and hogs is plenty. I’ve got my ARs for yotes and fun. AKs for.... everything else

I’m not all about putting my biddness out in the open. But I may or may not have any guns by tomorrow Picking up her ring later this week. And I don’t favor being broke.

So what FOUR would you keep?

Just picking y’alls brains on this one. I might keep them all. But at this point in my life, I can get reeeaaalll good with a few guns and be confident in their abilities. There’s always tomorrow to collect.

One of the magnums for long range, if one is stainless steel(or a beater) keep it for bad weather hunting, keep the 12 gauge since you mentioned it is a favorite, and last but not least which one is the most accurate(shoots the best groups). I love rifles that will shoot sub moa.

I’m some what in the same boat as you but I would often my sell guns to pay for whatever was needed or if a unexpected bill came up. I’m basically started over my collection but my fiancée says no more guns or knives selling. Keep them, sounds like I got it right this time lol

35 rem, 30.06, 243, and 300 win mag would be keepers for me. Ammo is easily found and at reasonable prices and covers smaller type game with range up to large game. I'd like to have a shotgun around, not necessarily a slug gun for home defense and small game.

So to be completely honest, this list should just be the top 3. Brush gun, every day hunter, field gun. I added a 4th cause I love my slug gun lol. It’s killed a lot of deer, crazy accurate and just a simple firearm that’s never given me any probjebs outside of trashing 2 scopes.

I don’t NEED to sell some of my guns, it will just help. She doesn’t know and will probably kick my butt when she finds out because she knows my passions in life. She’s bought me my last 2 firearms and supports my gun addiction lol and yes at this point it is an addiction. But I will sleep better at night knowing I paid her $5,300 jewelry in full rather than making payments. To each his own I guess.

And on a dude note, I will still be keeping family firearms that have been passed down. I have not added those in this equation. Those will never leave my possession until it’s my time to go home. And all of those are very nice quality hunting rifles and shotguns

30-30 cuz Marlin, that's why.
.243 for smaller critters (or deer)
.270 for deer
300 win mag because if your a true hunter then elk and/or moose are on your list of animals you'll want to take down one day.

Back
Top Bottom