• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pin shooters needed-- Lawrenceville, THURSDAY nights

We're actually using cubical plastic targets, which are easier in some ways and harder in others, than actual pins. But there is one massive upside-- essentially no ricochets, so much safer than pins. But yes, five targets, and you can use handloads.

I feel the same way about Trigger Time's rule-- forget that; it doubles my cost if I have to use commercial. Plus all my guns are sighted in with my ammo recipe.

Five targets, flat on a wooden table.

And yes, sub-two seconds is smoking. I'm a sub-three-er, but that's an eternity longer than those other guys. Austin can back me up-- we had three different shooters manage one point something the other night.

Oh yeah, we only average your best five runs-- and we got 12 the other night. Plenty of time to get warmed up, experiment with different guns, etc. It is my handgun practice these days.

I think the winner averaged right at 2 for his best five.

Fun folks, not high-pressure, lots of fun. Come join us Thursday.
I will be there next Thursday. This sounds awesome.

You should do one night monthly with SAA's.

They have that all the time-- it's called cowboy shooting. : )

Really though, there wouldn't be enough interest, based on the small crowds when it's wide open to shoot whatever.

We did have revolver night the fifth Wed in August, and I won. Averaged 2.86 with a 5" 629. Special-class loads, of course.

They have that all the time-- it's called cowboy shooting. : )

Really though, there wouldn't be enough interest, based on the small crowds when it's wide open to shoot whatever.

We did have revolver night the fifth Wed in August, and I won. Averaged 2.86 with a 5" 629. Special-class loads, of course.
I think Ill give it a go with my Taurus TCP. See if I can get some chuckles.

I think Ill give it a go with my Taurus TCP. See if I can get some chuckles.

I routinely clear the table with a Kahr CM9 (pocket 9mm) in mid-three seconds. It's most assuredly doable, and a very, very good test of your carry equipment. I've done it with a Kel-Tec .380, but will admit that was very hard and slow.

I've cycled through all my carry options, big and small, one night each, and kept records. Learned a lot about what I shoot well (anything with a smooth trigger pull), and what I don't (short sight radius with jerky triggers). The Kahr is an outstanding performer for me.

Since "we" do the same thing every week, it makes for good apples-to-apples comparisons of your gear. Though far from the only such comparison, it does include the time element.

Never done a pin shoot and it sounds like fun. I will most likely embarrass myself the first time out. But what the heck you never get better unless you practice. I live about 5 miles away so I'll see you on Thursday. Thanks for posting this
Hey brother, we should shoot together on one of these Thur, since we're both close. I still want to learn some milsurp basics from you one day too.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom