• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

pistol powder

Read a manual or two, and read them again.
Good powders for non-magnum use would be anything from Bullseye to Power Pistol. Most may not be optimum for the gun and bullet, but they will all work.
First, you need data. Thus, don't buy powders that you don't have date for loading with the bullets you have.

Powder is one of the cheapest components you're using.. why not use good stuff? I use CFE pistol. $25/lb at GA firing line and I shoot sub 5" groups at 30 yards with my 5" 9mm 1911 using cheap bullet works 124gn plated rn ($78/1000 shipped http://www.thebulletworks.net/09-124-PL-RN-p/111124.htm) and I'm not that great of a shot.

Powder burns very clean. If I shoot a ton I will notice some little black specks on my arm but my guns don't ever seem to get overly dirty

2400, Unique, Titegroup, HP-38/ 231, HS-6, AA5 . I load .380,.38/357, 9mm, .40s&w, .44spl/Mag, 45 acp. Really need more info, Caliber, Bullet weight, Bullet Type etc. etc.

700X is most of the time at a decent price for 1,4, and 8 lbs. It can do what the other powders can do based on the typical reloading manual, or google your pistol bullet and cross reference with reloading manual. Great accuracy at a good price and you can shoot a lot due to the small amount. Lbs = 7000 grains, typical load for lead bullet with 38, 9mm, .40 cal and 45 cal @ 5 grains or less = 1400 reloads or more if you are using less than 5 grains.

i've been reading a lymans book about reloading, i was mostly wanting to know about clean shooting powders, will be shooting 9mm and 45acp for the most part

Back
Top Bottom