• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Plumbing with pex. Tips tricks and advice, step on in .

305.4 Freezing

Diagram
Water, soil and waste pipes shall not be installed outside of a building, in attics or crawl spaces, concealed in outside walls, or in any other place subjected to freezing temperatures unless adequate provision is made to protect such pipes from freezing by insulation or heat or both. Exterior water supply system piping shall be installed not less than 6 inches (152 mm) below the frost line and not less than 12 inches (305 mm) below grade.
Share url icon

"unless adequate provision is made to protect such pipes from freezing by insulation or heat or both."
Figure their must be about a billion crawl space violations in Georgia.

Going to be plumbing my garage apartment with pex .
Probably buying a cordless expansion tool and using pex A

Who has done it and what advice ya got ?

I’ve done plenty of pvc and some copper and some galvanized and some pex with shark bites in the past for repairs and small jobs .

But not new construction .
pex for the win. If you want to borrow a ratchet crimp tool send a message.

305.4 Freezing

Diagram
Water, soil and waste pipes shall not be installed outside of a building, in attics or crawl spaces, concealed in outside walls, or in any other place subjected to freezing temperatures unless adequate provision is made to protect such pipes from freezing by insulation or heat or both. Exterior water supply system piping shall be installed not less than 6 inches (152 mm) below the frost line and not less than 12 inches (305 mm) below grade.
Share url icon

"unless adequate provision is made to protect such pipes from freezing by insulation or heat or both."

I said 'most'. Code states 'adequate'. Put those together, add in a good plumbing inspector..............

Many copper and poly repairs completed with easy to use and durable PexB. If you need to build a manifold system use copper. Also works excellent for lawn sprinkler applications ;)

Shot of a cracked poly pipe slab repair done earlier this year using PexB run through attic space.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_2999.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_2999.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 10
Back
Top Bottom