• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Police dogs vs ctizens dogs

And it's not LEO bashing when it's simple facts. John Peter Zenger, 1735, was arrested but later released, because a Grand Jury determined the truth cannot be libel.

Ok, to play devil's advocate then...

Does that mean a herd dog, brim an asset to the farm, is therefore a farmer?
That is not a valid analogy. Just because someone goes through police training does not mean they are police officers. It is not the training, or even the function, that makes a law enforcement officer an officer. It is the county, city, etc bestowing that honor upon someone or something. In this case it is the dog.

That is not a valid analogy. Just because someone goes through police training does not mean they are police officers. It is not the training, or even the function, that makes a law enforcement officer an officer. It is the county, city, etc bestowing that honor upon someone or something. In this case it is the dog.

However, that doesn't change the fact that a dog is a dog, and if that's the case, it means that some police officers are animals that cannot be reasoned with.

Though back to my other question, let's say I'm working for a security company that pairs people with trained guard dogs that go through special training to legally be used for security. And someone kills one. Will the person be charged with offing a security guard?

However, that doesn't change the fact that a dog is a dog, and if that's the case, it means that some police officers are animals that cannot be reasoned with.

Though back to my other question, let's say I'm working for a security company that pairs people with trained guard dogs that go through special training to legally be used for security. And someone kills one. Will the person be charged with offing a security guard?

Correct, and your point is? It seems that you should have asked whether we think dogs should be classified as police officers.

Last time I checked, security guard is not an official government sanctioned official. If I eat a potato but call it a steak did I eat a steak? If I eat a steak represented as USDA prime meat and it turns out to really be choice then we have a problem. See the correlation? The governmental authority regulates one and not the other. Same thing as your security guard analogy.

If someone shoots my dog in my yard/house, LEO or regular Joe, they'd be wishing they had the option of ten years in prison.
Shooting my dog would be like shooting my child. Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

Correct, and your point is? It seems that you should have asked whether we think dogs should be classified as police officers.

Last time I checked, security guard is not an official government sanctioned official. If I eat a potato but call it a steak did I eat a steak? If I eat a steak represented as USDA prime meat and it turns out to really be choice then we have a problem. See the correlation? The governmental authority regulates one and not the other. Same thing as your security guard analogy.

Security is regulated and requires certification/licensing in most States. So yes, it is a government sanctioned position.

And given that we have guarantees of equal protection under the law, should government officials get any more legal protection that citizens?

Security is regulated and requires certification/licensing in most States. So yes, it is a government sanctioned position.

And given that we have guarantees of equal protection under the law, should government officials get any more legal protection that citizens?

BS the training I went through and what a rentacop goes through are totally different. Their training is not funded by the govt. Instead it's designed and funded in the private sector

I think the problem is that someone shooting a police dog would be doing so in an attempt to flee the police or fight being arrested. That is why the charge is stricter for shooting a police dog vs shooting a dog in general.

Back
Top Bottom