• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Police trade in guns

ItBeMe

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
34   0
Reaction score
Are police guns marked so you know it was once a police gun. Or can one buy a police trade in gun for $350 and try to sell it on ODT for $500 I am talking abut the Glock 40 cal.

Are police guns marked so you know it was once a police gun. Or can one buy a police trade in gun for $350 and try to sell it on ODT for $500 I am talking abut the Glock 40 cal.
Why would they be marked?
They are probably less used than typical guns sold on here anyway.

I would think that anyone who would buy a .40 Glock would be more than happy to pay a $150 markup for the privilege!
Go for it...

Some are but the majority aren't marked. Although it may seem to be neat or cool to own one that is marked, it can cause some confusion if you are ever stopped by the police and they see it. They will see a civilian with a pistol that is marked with some type of law enforcement markings engravings etc, so more than likely they will think that it is stolen. I have a buddy that owned one marked Maryland State Police and was stopped in Virginia. He went to jail until they could verify that it was a police trade in. I personally wouldn't own a marked one, but I own a few unmarked ones.

Some guns are marked, some aren't. If it doesnt have a box and has a lot of holster wear than yea its probably a trade in.

Back
Top Bottom