• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

*POLL* The Poverty Pony vs. The Colt Cult: Is it REALLY worth the extra cash?

Is a Colt worth the extra money over an Anderson?

• Hell YES you non-operating idiot!

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • Hell NO a lower is a lower!

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • TACOS (this will count as a NO)

Votes: 25 22.9%
  • Who cares? I want something with a skull, a Spartan or grapes and dildos on it!

Votes: 16 14.7%

• Total voters
What issues have you seen?

Out of spec or actually falling apart?

Out of spec. Threaded hole for the pistol grip not threaded all the way through, pin holes not aligned and/or not of proper size, holes for safety not properly located, finish more fragile than Krylon; etc.

I dgaf what anyone says but a lower is a lower unless it’s that crappy plastic or it’s just a POS due to poor manufacturing

Okay, I have a GAADM lower I bought right after Sandy Hook that I will sell you for 25% less than I paid for it.
When the 'ban' talk was raging everyone and their cousin were buying blank forged lowers and finishing them out as fast as they could.
So, yes, from a reputable source a lower might be as good as the next, but that's not always the case.

I have no idea who Bailey Jay is and I’m honestly scared to google that name now.

Disclaimer : don't Google that name unless you are an adult with an open mind and are confident in your ability to clear your browser history.

After reading the whole thread, guess I'm the only one who thinks you mis-used the Taco option...
1FF40278-4DA9-4FE9-B1E7-B45F2656E7D6.gif

I am not an Anderson fan just because of the flowing meine horse. Who in the hell know these days what's what. I mean there are so many manufacturers and forges it hard to tell who is getting what. I would have to say a military issued Colt would have a better lower and that's as far as I am willing to commit to. There are a lot of good units out. Companies not only have to be competitively priced but quality has to be of decent proportion as well.

My nephew recently bought a Bushmaster at right around 400 bucks. I took out my old 2004 and the serial number and model number stamp looked deeper and more consistent from top to bottom. The new Bushmaster lower the stamp was shallow and varied in depth from one side to the other. It looked a bit hurried.

All I will say is if I had two receivers in front me one Anderson and one Colt and I was going to buy it for a build, I believe I would have to take the Colt piece. That would be to pass on the cheesy logo. Either that or look at another manufacturer and buy the one that looked more substantial and had a better finish.

Back
Top Bottom