• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pool owners. Pump replacement?

Search for Aladdin Go Kit for your specific pump.
The GO-Kits have all of the normal wear items.
Lots of video on how to replace.

Go_Kit_3.jpg
The problem is there's no markings on the pump at all other than the word Hayward. So I have no idea what model it is. :noidea:

If the part numbers match up for an EcoStar or TriStar pump then search for the corresponding go-kit:
Aladdin GO-KIT80V
The kits ending with V are made with Viton and will last longer than the standard kits.

Lately all the single speed motors we’ve found at the supply houses were TEFC (totally enclosed fan cooled)

If it’s a tri star single speed (looks like one) you can install a TEFC motor on it but you may need to take a sawzall and cut the handle off the seal plate.

TEFC motors have a chunky control box on the top usually. I don’t like them but that’s the way things are headed

IMG_3885.jpeg

I have gone through 2 hayward pumps in the last few years. Same issue of bearings whinning. this year when it acted up I searched Amazon and bought a variable speed pump with the same horsepower as the hayward. The Amazon/Chinese replacement has worked well all summer and the dual speed has saved me roughly $100 a month in electricity by running the Slower except just after use and it been just as clean as the Hayward pump!

I also looked at rebuilding it. But time is money and it was faster for me to replace the pump vs rebuilding it.

I am happy with the amazon/chinese pump it has run all season and still running strong.

Looks like a tri star

See if you can match the part numbers stamped on the strainer cover, strainer basket and the impeller to the parts listed on some of the on-line vendor websites.

Thanks guys. Will definitely try to find those numbers in the morning.
If the part numbers match up for an EcoStar or TriStar pump then search for the corresponding go-kit:
Aladdin GO-KIT80V
The kits ending with V are made with Viton and will last longer than the standard kits.

go with the viton if you have a salt system
It's fresh water. I have no idea why but there are almost no saltwater pools here. Central Texas. Something about the salt eventually causing issues with hardscape on waterfalls and decking. No clue. I would much rather have salt water. I asked around about conversion and every single person responded the same way. You don't want to do that. :noidea:
I may just fill the thing with catfish and be done with it. 😎

Back
Top Bottom