• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pool owners. Pump replacement?

Assuming I can figure out the measurement of the existing plumbing connections should I just get something like this? https://a.co/d/4EWJElt. Or something different?
I'm confused now because there's a 2.2 horsepower sticker on the pump but the motor obviously is not 2.2 horsepower. As you can tell I'm in completely uncharted waters.
The labor swapping a pump isn’t much less than changing out the motor. Assuming you can cut and glue pvc and hook up wires.

If the old pump is shorter than the new pump it’s more difficult. If the new pump is shorter you can raise it up.

The pump you linked to comes with unions so it’s pretty easy to plumb by design

The 2.2 Total HP is the total of your HP (1.5 ) times the service factor, which on that motor is 1.47

1.5 x 1.47 = 2.2
Correct. that is a 1.5 horsepower full rated pump not a 2hp.

As I mentioned before it’s gimmick math marketing stuff nobody seems to know why there is full rated and up-rated but that’s how they’re rated

Search for Aladdin Go Kit for your specific pump.
The GO-Kits have all of the normal wear items.
Lots of video on how to replace.

Go_Kit_3.jpg

Correct. that is a 1.5 horsepower full rated pump not a 2hp.

As I mentioned before it’s gimmick math marketing stuff nobody seems to know why there is full rated and up-rated but that’s how they’re rated
To clarify you want your THP or total horsepower to match. You can replace a full rated 1.5 with an up rated 2. The reason it matters to you is if you go to Leslie’s and ask for a 2hp you’ll likely get a 2 full which is more like 2.7 thp

Math

Full rated 1.5 / 1.5hp x 1.47sf = 2.2 thp

Up rated 2 / 2hp x 1.1sf = 2.2 thp

Back
Top Bottom