• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Portable Reloading Stand

ga6693

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
4   0
Reaction score
Space was very limited when I started handloading many years ago. But one day I saw the design for a portable press stand in a magazine and constructed one from a scrap piece of 3/4" plywood and some nuts and bolts on hand. Not having a place for to permanently mount a press, this gave me the ability to reload wherever I could find a tabletop and later store my press in any available space.It definitely is not a showpiece by any means but it has served me well for many thousands of rounds. The old stand with the 3 hole Lee Turret is not used as much anymore since the progressive press came along, but the recent freezing temps gave me the opportunity to bring it inside to load a few 10xx rounds and made me think a lot of other guys are in the same situation I was in and could use this type of stand. So here it is. The cutouts are used for clamping to a rigid surface.

Base-15"x8"
Sides-10"x5 1/2" and 8" tall
Top-5 1/2"x6 1/2"

IMGP0898.jpg
IMGP0900.jpg
IMGP0899.jpg

Attachments

• IMGP0897.jpg
    IMGP0897.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 123
I like that handle on your press. I have a wooden ball that came on my Lee turret and it always rotates or comes of while I am going through the stroke.

I have never tried the wooden ball but was always wondered how they compared to the straight handle. The wooden one came with the press when I bought it in the early seventies. The metal part of the handle broke two or three years ago and Lee replaced it. It has been a good press.

That stand is pretty cool and so is the 2x4.

I went another route and just use large C clamps on the old rock chucker and lock the base to the table at the range.

Two C clamps and a press.

Great looking options, if you don't have a table only for reloading you guys came up with some very good ideas, nice...

Great portability, when going to the range to work up loads, simply great ideas, and very inexpensive.

Back
Top Bottom