• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Prayer warriors

Does Jimmy have a Wells Fargo account? They have a "SurePay" service that lets you send money to family and friends for free. All you have to do is sign up for it and tell someone the email address and/or phone number you used to sign up for it, and that's what you enter when you make a payment. It appears in the other person's account the next day, and there are no fees. Close to 4% is pretty steep and needs to be minimized as much as possible, especially if this is an ongoing need.

They have NO bank account and probably won't be getting one anytime soon. We have to deal with it the best we can and for now this is it.

Okay brothers, I just got off the phone with Jimmy and there are a few more problems than we knew about. I found out tonight that his roof is leaking and I mean pretty bad. It leaked so bad in his bedroom that his wife slept in the living room the other night so she wouldn't get soaked. I might not should have posted this, but if we're going to help and make a difference we need to address everything we can. One of the bathrooms is out of order due to the toilet won't stop running and the supply line shut off don't work so this plays a huge role in their $100+ water bill. I will deal with the bathroom when I go over in the next few days. At the moment I think the roof is 2nd priority just behind the power bill. I'm hoping that @Survivor Johnny might be willing to meet me or ride with me and check it out and see what we can do for the least amount of money possible. I'm sure there will be more issues to address and I know he's holding back because he already feels like he don't deserve what's happening. I keep telling him that it's a blessing for us being able to help as it is for him getting help.
I kinda feel like this is going to be more of an ODT adoption than it is a bailout. I don't mind helping him get stuff done and as soon as I'm healed up, I'll be doing a lot of the stuff myself, but till then I'll need all the help I can get.
As for the surprise auction, I am still waiting on the details and pictures so I will hold off on saying what it is.
Yall all mean the world to me and I humbly thank each of you. I pray that God will bless you as he does me.

I have probably around 15-16 bundles of shingles, might be more then that, if we can figure out how to get it to Temple. My trailers are no good to haul anything with and I only have a 1/2 ton truck. I also live pretty far from y'all but if the shingles will help, you are welcome to them.

Back
Top Bottom