• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Preppers, have you upped your tempo?

jsquared

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
43   0
Reaction score
Just wondering if any preppers out there have upped there op tempo in the last few months, what with the midwest floods, economic downturn, this whole debt ceiling fiasco, etc. What have you been doing differently, and how have your priorities changed?

Have you ever considered prepping for people who have special dietary or medical needs? Half the members of my immediate family can't eat Gluten or Wheat products. We do just fine from day to day but most food designed for long term storage has wheat products of modified food starch. Consider things like this because my wife and my two youngest kids can't eat Gluten.

Have you ever considered prepping for people who have special dietary or medical needs? Half the members of my immediate family can't eat Gluten or Wheat products. We do just fine from day to day but most food designed for long term storage has wheat products of modified food starch. Consider things like this because my wife and my two youngest kids can't eat Gluten.

Check out Augason Farms http://www.augasonfarms.com/

Yes, I've sent out a notification to my group in case of a financial collapse due to the debt ceiling bill, possible credit rating down grade and stock market drop. Told them to keep gas tanks topped off, make sure their equipment and supplies are ready to move.

take out wheat. add rice and corn. done.

Yes. I keep 55 gallons of gas in a drum, with stabilizer, non-ethanol, rotated every 4-6 months. I keep my truck tank (34 gallons) topped off. I make my family keep all their vehicles topped off. If I had a week's lead time, I have two more gasoline drums I could have filled. I get my non-ethanol gasoline at Sam's Club in Macon. I have a 7000 running watt generator. I keep seed and fertilizer on hand, and keep a 55 gallon drum of diesel fuel on hand. I could make 55 gallons of diesel last a long time (two or three years) just planting a two or three acre garden each year with my 35hp tractor. I have goats on pasture, going to get some pigs. My brother has calves on pasture. I will dig sweet potatoes, cure them, and store for the winter very soon. I will plant turnips and collards within the month. There is no reason for someone in the rural Deep South to go hungry with just a little planning. Of course, this assumes that there isn't a horde of Zombies to deal with while planting and gathering. I do have just a few firearms, and a little bit of ammo. Not all kept at one spot. My single-shot shotgun and Ruger .22 pistol are at one place. My single-shot .22 rifle and Model 10 S&W are at another place. I have two boxes of ammo for each firearm at each place. At least. Maybe three boxes.

Back
Top Bottom