• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Preppers, have you upped your tempo?

I've been stepping up my preps after realizing that collapse is closer then I was hoping. Its kind of sad to think that my 2 little ones (boy 2yrs, girl 1yr) will probably have very limited if any time to do normal kid stuff...school, camp, summer vacation, pool parties, sleep overs, video games etc.

I've got 1000 rds of 5.56 for my AR. 500 rds for my 3, 9mm pistols, food and water for 3 months. Heirloom seeds, over the top bug out bag. I still have a long way to go, with the kids going to diapers like crazy and just buying a new house I haven't had enough spare capitol to really get everything we need. But I'll keep working on it and hopefully have enough food and water to keep us going until our garden is up and in full swing.

things to think about
vitamins and supplements,these overlooked things will help you go a long way when times are lean and you are trying to sustain on minimums.
one other thought people around metro area's may or may not plan for.
people fallout kind of like the radioactive fallout of an atomic blast metro atlanta has miilions of people that when things get dire will spread out.
also why are the feds stepping up surveillance of preppers,most have an invaluable asset....................land.
thus ends my paranoid musings from my simple mind

You don't think my arsenal and ammo dump are sufficient?

I think if you've got 4 firearms and two or three boxes of ammo for each, most would consider that to be extremely "light" in the ammo department. If you hunt you'll blow this quickly. Defending yourself is a whole nuther story.
If even a random zombie or pair showed up you could blow through 3 boxes of ammo very quickly. Thinking in terms of fire superiority/fire suppression--that will require a good stock of ammo. It would be shame to have prepped all the food and supplies needed to survive long term and end up being a statistic because you ran out of ammo.
I'd say we all will need a minimum of 1000rds per weapon "prepped and stored". Personally I like more than less.

Has anyone built an old school smoke house yet? That's still on my list...
This one was built about 1890. Still works.
i129.photobucket.com_albums_p208_redlevel42_crowell_20history_DSC02190.jpg

I think if you've got 4 firearms and two or three boxes of ammo for each, most would consider that to be extremely "light" in the ammo department. If you hunt you'll blow this quickly. Defending yourself is a whole nuther story.
If even a random zombie or pair showed up you could blow through 3 boxes of ammo very quickly. Thinking in terms of fire superiority/fire suppression--that will require a good stock of ammo. It would be shame to have prepped all the food and supplies needed to survive long term and end up being a statistic because you ran out of ammo.
I'd say we all will need a minimum of 1000rds per weapon "prepped and stored". Personally I like more than less.

I'll have to see if I can do something about increasing my firepower I guess.;)

I have an extremely nice Honda 5000 watt generator with an 11 horse engine. 11 + hour run time per tank. Has less than 1 tank of gas run through it and was only used to power some lights at an outdoor party.

If anybody is thinking about dependable power and is wanting one of the best generators out there then let me know. I will be willing to do some trading on it. Model number is Honda EM 5000SX. Has wheels and handlebars. 120 and 240. Runs quiet and has electric start. It cranks manually on first pull. I will be creating a thread for this but thought it might be a good idea to talk to other preppers about this first.

Back
Top Bottom