Price complaint thread (many threads merged)

Nobody is asking for price controls. Nobody is saying that people shouldn't ask whatever they want. We do want a free market.

The thing is, that in a free market, I as the consumer have a voice that extends beyond walking away. I am not censored or silenced if I want to express my opinion on Best Buy charging triple what everyone else is charging for a fridge. I can walk up to the manager and ask him, are you out of your F'ing mind?

That's not allowed here. We have a free market if you are a seller... but not so much if you are a buyer. So it's not hypocrisy on our part. It's that there are two standards here, one open, and one restrictive, and it's THAT part that some of us have voiced our opposition to.
Come by my table at the next gunshow and voice your opinion about pricing. I'll voice mine.

Nobody is asking for price controls. Nobody is saying that people shouldn't ask whatever they want. We do want a free market.

The thing is, that in a free market, I as the consumer have a voice that extends beyond walking away. I am not censored or silenced if I want to express my opinion on Best Buy charging triple what everyone else is charging for a fridge. I can walk up to the manager and ask him, are you out of your F'ing mind?

That's not allowed here. We have a free market if you are a seller... but not so much if you are a buyer. So it's not hypocrisy on our part. It's that there are two standards here, one open, and one restrictive, and it's THAT part that some of us have voiced our opposition to.

Reading comprehension is your friend. I said price control or call outs. :boink:

upload_2020-7-22_10-58-23.png

Sure they are. And in a “free market” the store owner can tell you they don’t want your business and you’re no longer welcome on the premises. Just like here.

So is that what the owner of ODT is telling their paid supporters? That they are no longer welcome because they disagree on some minor point?

I was simply refuting his claim of "hypocrisy". It's not our side that is being hypocritical. His side is, by only embracing one side of the "free market" part of the equation.

People keep arguing against price controls, despite the fact that there is nobody here arguing FOR them.

I just think that if someone posts something completely whacky, that commenting or an emoji shouldn't be grounds for points or banning.

Back
Top Bottom