• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Primal Gear Unlimited Folding survival bow

Very Cool!

Not sure how I feel about a take down arrow however... I understand it's convenient, and more portable, but my first thought is questionable strength and accuracy from an arrow that unscrews in the middle. Not sure, but I don't think they were shooting the take down arrows while showing the accuracy.

Very Cool!

Not sure how I feel about a take down arrow however... I understand it's convenient, and more portable, but my first thought is questionable strength and accuracy from an arrow that unscrews in the middle. Not sure, but I don't think they were shooting the take down arrows while showing the accuracy.

Youre right I don't fully trust the take down arrow as a primary arrow myself. although they are a great back up/bug bag arrow. I shoot whole arrows while practicing and hunting personally. I have shot my take down arrows that I made and they do screw together pretty tight and shoot pretty good about as good as a normal arrow and as good as my instinct will allow. I use 60/65lb carbons for my take downs because they have a little more back bone. not sure what they use on theirs

Youre right I don't fully trust the take down arrow as a primary arrow myself. although they are a great back up/bug bag arrow. I shoot whole arrows while practicing and hunting personally. I have shot my take down arrows that I made and they do screw together pretty tight and shoot pretty good about as good as a normal arrow and as good as my instinct will allow. I use 60/65lb carbons for my take downs because they have a little more back bone. not sure what they use on theirs

I agree, in a HAVE TO USE situation, this would be great! Inexpensive, looks well built for what it is, and I love the compact size. I am not familiar with take down arrows, just an initial observation.

Thanks man. Yeah I was looking into a similar bow to the bear 76er. The Martin Jaguar takedown recurve with is nice because you can mount a whisker biscuit on it. but for around the same cost I got this primal bow. I'd like to figure out a way to mount a whisker on it that I could take down easily. as it stands they recommend feather fletching because the plastic one will bounce off the shelf of the bow (not a big deal I've found feather fletched carbon arrows at walmart before). They sell take down arrows on their site as well but I've made some in the past for my spectre for much less than they are asking.

U r the first person I have ever said this too n have had this bow since the early 90s or late 80s, but brother I'd trade u my 76er for that folder. U came up big when u u picked up that lil gem

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if I could make one of these? Hmmmm

Nice bow and good shooting.

I'd take a look at how to correctly string a recurve or longbow though. You will end up messing up the limb if you continue to string it in the manner you did in the video.
Happy shooting.

U r the first person I have ever said this too n have had this bow since the early 90s or late 80s, but brother I'd trade u my 76er for that folder. U came up big when u u picked up that lil gem

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if I could make one of these? Hmmmm
Seems simply but the guy that made these did his home work on it for sure the design is absolutely flawless I rank it high next to higher end bows as far as accuracy and design of his build everything lines up right on this thing. I sent them an email to see if I can recruit them to the ODT because I think they'd have some success here their definitely is a good clientele base here.
Nice bow and good shooting.

I'd take a look at how to correctly string a recurve or longbow though. You will end up messing up the limb if you continue to string it in the manner you did in the video.
Happy shooting.

I know the correct way to string the bow. I am not in any of the videos those are just reviews I found on youtube of their bow... I'm just a customer as of yesterday. Which video are you referring to?

Seems simply but the guy that made these did his home work on it for sure the design is absolutely flawless I rank it high next to higher end bows as far as accuracy and design of his build everything lines up right on this thing. I sent them an email to see if I can recruit them to the ODT because I think they'd have some success here their definitely is a good clientele base here.

I know the correct way to string the bow. I am not in any of the videos those are just reviews I found on youtube of their bow... I'm just a customer as of yesterday. Which video are you referring to?

Ah ok, gotcha. The one with the dude shooting the target in the backyard, and struggling to measure the folded bow length.

Back
Top Bottom