• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PROFILING!! ...er, maybe not how YOU think.

I am not taking her side. She definitely made a mountain out of a mole hill - she presumed that the LEOs are suspecting her of a crime from the very start. That's her own insecurity showing.

That said. This is still the land of the FREE or less free. It is a bit Gestapo to be pulled over in your own subdivision and asked for your name and papers in broad daylight. Plenty of people walk like that in my subdivision. Older folks, power walkers and joggers don't like the sidewalk because they are trying to avoid negotiating the concrete slabs that are not always leveled or the cut in someone's drive way. That can cause them to trip or rolled their ankles if not careful. As a driver, I don't like them out in the streets, but I do understand why they do that and simply move over to avoid them. The cop tells her she should walk on the other side for safety concerns. Why? He wouldn't have said that if she was on a bike. Yes, there was a bit of profiling going on, if it was strictly a safety concern, he would have pulled up next to her, roll down the window and tell her it's safer to walk on the other side, without the need to turn on the blue lights & siren.

Really? You can't walk in the U.S. of A and flap your arms without getting pulled over?
Walking in the middle of the street while OBLIVIOUS to the large vehicles in the street IS a safety concern to her AND the drivers of the vehicles. They asked for her name to file with a report of the stop for exactly the reason it was used. To cover them in case someone CLAIMED something that wasn't true.

Wonder how Hitler's Gestapo would have reacted to a printed story critical of them, much less one that was greatly exaggerated and fabricated to raise their status as victim and crusader?

they can ask, you dont have to provide it

i dont think nay profiling went on here, cops saw someone walking in street and almost hit by a passing car, they suggest she move to sidewalk
They didn't even suggest she move to the sidewalk. WE HERE did. They suggested she walk against the flow of traffic so she could SEE approaching vehicles.

Walking in the middle of the street while OBLIVIOUS to the large vehicles in the street IS a safety concern to her AND the drivers of the vehicles. They asked for her name to file with a report of the stop for exactly the reason it was used. To cover them in case someone CLAIMED something that wasn't true.

It's Saturday morning in a residential subdivision. There wasn't another vehicle or person around in the entire video other than the cop car. What safety concern?!?!? Cops have to babysit people on how to walk now??? Why would they need a name to file a report? Cops need to go fight crime and leave this nonsense alone. I see people walking like that every time I go through my subdivision. If cops spend all their time stopping dumb asses that don't want to walk on the sidewalk, there will be no time for criminals. But most importantly, she's a grown woman. She should have the right to walk how she wants until she endangers someone else, why would they need a name to file a report?

Wonder how Hitler's Gestapo would have reacted to a printed story critical of them, much less one that was greatly exaggerated and fabricated to raise their status as victim and crusader?

I'm not defending her exaggerated claim. I am defending one's freedom to walk peacefully without the need for someone asking for papers. It's nonsense like this that contributes to the blacklivesmatter, which is bad for everyone. They should have just left it alone, if the woman wants to kill herself, let her.

Last edited:
stupid entitled **** trying to make a name for herself

if she was truly concerned with police profiling she wouldnt lie about it. it detracts from serious accusations

she cant really face slander IMO, but she should be called a ****ing idiot and a race baiting low rent piece of ****
Your oppressing her!! She'll call Al Sharpton on your ass

It's Saturday morning in a residential subdivision. There wasn't another vehicle or person around in the entire video other than the cop car. What safety concern?!?!? Cops have to babysit people on how to walk now??? Why would they need a name to file a report? Cops need to go fight crime and leave this nonsense alone. I see people walking like that every time I go through my subdivision. If cops spend all their time stopping dumb asses that don't want to walk on the sidewalk, there will be no time for criminals. But most importantly, she's a grown woman. She should have the right to walk how she wants until she endangers someone else, why would they need a name to file a report?

I'm not defending her exaggerated claim. I am defending one's freedom to walk peacefully without the need for someone asking for papers.

Babysit? I got chewed out by a dad cause his 19 year old son couldn't decide if he wanted a wrecker for his totaled car or not. Then when the kid decided he got into a dispute with the truck driver and the car got dropped at the wrecker guys business. The dad then cussed me out saying I should of been there for his son and took care of him, and how he was disappointed cause I didn't help his son out and tuck him into bed at night. I also worked with a department that wanted a report made every time we came into contact with a citizen.

I've come to realize in LE your damned if you do or damned if you don't. More then likely some nosey ass/busy body neighbor would of called complaining how she was in the road.

If also realized this in everyday life you could do everything right in your mind and in the majority of the public's eye but somebody somewhere is going to complain and say you did it wrong.

I'm not defending her exaggerated claim. I am defending one's freedom to walk peacefully without the need for someone asking for papers. It's nonsense like this that contributes to the blacklivesmatter, which is bad for everyone. They should have just left it alone, if the woman wants to kill herself, let her.
A person walking in the middle of the street OBLIVIOUS to their surroundings IS a danger to themselves and others. Perhaps, the officers' general regard for humanity drove him to politely and professionally offer this lady a safer alternative to her unsafe activity. Perhaps these officers have seen what a pedestrian/vehicle collision looks like and didn't want this lady to experience life under a car. Perhaps these officers have seen drivers drive way too fast in a neighborhood ignoring posted speed limits and leaving no time to avoid an unexpected danger in a residential community.

Regardless of all these points, the main point is that she LIED about the encounter. She had her lies printed for public consumption as truth. As DEAN of the journalism school, she should have known that and had a professional DUTY to avoid doing so. As a student of that school, I would be insisting on her dismissal.

A person walking in the middle of the street OBLIVIOUS to their surroundings IS a danger to themselves and others. Perhaps, the officers' general regard for humanity drove him to politely and professionally offer this lady a safer alternative to her unsafe activity. Perhaps these officers have seen what a pedestrian/vehicle collision looks like and didn't want this lady to experience life under a car. Perhaps these officers have seen drivers drive way too fast in a neighborhood ignoring posted speed limits and leaving no time to avoid an unexpected danger in a residential community.

Regardless of all these points, the main point is that she LIED about the encounter. She had her lies printed for public consumption as truth. As DEAN of the journalism school, she should have known that and had a professional DUTY to avoid doing so. As a student of that school, I would be insisting on her dismissal.

Liar liar plants for hire!!

But of course if the LEO would of lied people would be up in arms demanding they be fired. But yet the person in charge of making sure kids get their education get to keep their jobs. I'm pretty sure most universities have a code of ethics for students saying they cannot lie cheat or steal. But its ok she is a minority and gets to keep her job.

Last edited:
Babysit? I got chewed out by a dad cause his 19 year old son couldn't decide if he wanted a wrecker for his totaled car or not. Then when the kid decided he got into a dispute with the truck driver and the car got dropped at the wrecker guys business. The dad then cussed me out saying I should of been there for his son and took care of him, and how he was disappointed cause I didn't help his son out and tuck him into bed at night. I also worked with a department that wanted a report made every time we came into contact with a citizen.

I've come to realize in LE your damned if you do or damned if you don't. More then likely some nosey ass/busy body neighbor would of called complaining how she was in the road.

If also realized this in everyday life you could do everything right in your mind and in the majority of the public's eye but somebody somewhere is going to complain and say you did it wrong.

Like I said, all this could have been avoided if they had just rolled down the window, pull up next to her and tell her it's safer to walk on the other side. End of story, bye bye.

I know your job is difficult and I agree that every time you do something right, there will always be someone that thinks you did it completely wrong. That is life in a FREE society, and one whose morals and values degenerated with each new generation. But you must have gotten some satisfaction from the job otherwise you would not stay in it. And frankly, I am absolutely sure that you get more satisfaction by putting a criminal/murderer/bank robber behind bars than telling some woman how to walk. When I was growing up, cops were like your dads - firm but know that not all battles need to be fought. The ****ing woman was just walking minding her own business, if they had just left her alone, there would be no exaggerated claim of racial profiling and I wouldn't be wasting my time on this thread.

Cops need to be doing what they went into the force for, not this babysitting ****. Y'all didn't go through the academy thinking one day I will get to tell someone to walk on the other side of the street and get an i.d. so I can waste more time filing a report.

Like I said, all this could have been avoided if they had just rolled down the window, pull up next to her and tell her it's safer to walk on the other side. End of story, bye bye.

I know your job is difficult and I agree that every time you do something right, there will always be someone that thinks you did it completely wrong. That is life in a FREE society, and one whose morals and values degenerated with each new generation. But you must have gotten some satisfaction from the job otherwise you would not stay in it. And frankly, I am absolutely sure that you get more satisfaction by putting a criminal/murderer/bank robber behind bars than telling some woman how to walk. When I was growing up, cops were like your dads - firm but know that not all battles need to be fought. The ****ing woman was just walking minding her own business, if they had just left her alone, there would be no exaggerated claim of racial profiling and I wouldn't be wasting my time on this thread.

Cops need to be doing what they went into the force for, not this babysitting ****. Y'all didn't go through the academy thinking one day I will get to tell someone to walk on the other side of the street and get an i.d. so I can waste more time filing a report.
True, but knowing this lady if they didn't do the stop with the camera, she would of complained saying they were rude to her. I've done the thing were you just ride by and hollar out the window but at my last department they wanted us out of the cars in the public eye. I much rather get my reports done and look for that guy with felony warrants.

Secondly, the babysitting stuff will always happen some person always complains and then we are stuck sitting at the city pool making sure the kids don't fight. I seriously had to do that, I much rather be getting the guy who robbed the old couple down the street or the guy who beat the **** out of his wife or the girl beating her kids. Its the nature of the beast and one side of the community wants less involvement while others want us there to hold your hand while you cross the street.

Oh and trust me I love getting the guy who beat up his girlfriend or who stole from parked vehicles.

Back
Top Bottom