• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PSA complete lower sale

Well let's just kindly agree to disagree on this one and still be civil. Ok have used a lot of parts from different manufacturers/ vendors. I mainly use BCM, Daniel Defense, Wilson Combat, PWS and a few other decent places. Now I have used I can't tell how many Aero parts and friends that have used them without issue. That is over the last 6 to 8 years. All parts from AP we're perfect in fit and finish and I haven't heard of a failure from those I helped since their builds. So I have faith in the AP brand. Unfortunately they don't offer a $99.00 Complete lower.

With that being said everything and I mean everything I have gotten from PSA ( except for other name brand parts ) I have either had to send back, modify it or just plain scrap it. So I believe AP is leaps and bounds ahead of PSA in quality control, fit and finish and overall quality of product. This I have seen first hand. If people want to lump them in with PSA that's their prerogative. However, I think that is a grotesque misrepresentation of their products. Being a former Aeronautical and space parts manufacturer I believe they take a little more pride in their product. Thank you for your kind and overly generous time to read my post. Still friends though! 😀
I'm a dealer for both. Aero precisions anodized parts look clean and uniform. Their anodized receivers and rails are nice and that's where their value is at for me.
But Everything else like barrels (most from BA) lower parts kits, bcgs, all that stuff ain't no different than PSA. Probably sourced from the same places to the same specs.

So their basic carbine upper with charging handle and bcg, and A2 front sight ain't no better or worse than PSA's. Just cost about $150 more right now.

Add the parts up and see what they're worth to you. The assembly will not have been done with any attention to detail, the castle nut won't be torqued/staked, etc.

If you know how to build an AR, that assembled lower is worth exactly the sum of its parts, and no more.

Put a Aero Precision upper on it and call it a truck gun if nothing else.

I'll take Aero over PSA. We are no longer PSA dealers because we got tired of their piss-poor QC and horrible customer service.

As to Aero, I'm talking about the quality of their parts themselves. They suffer from the same crap assembly techniques that are used by PSA, Ruger S&W, BCA, BRO, Colt, etc.
greg vess greg vess and cmshoot cmshoot agreeing on something...?
Did I wake up in some weird alternate dimension this morning?
will-ferrell-whats-happening.gif

I'm a dealer for both. Aero precisions anodized parts look clean and uniform. Their anodized receivers and rails are nice and that's where their value is at for me.
But Everything else like barrels (most from BA) lower parts kits, bcgs, all that stuff ain't no different than PSA. Probably sourced from the same places to the same specs.

So their basic carbine upper with charging handle and bcg, and A2 front sight ain't no better or worse than PSA's. Just cost about $150 more right now.
Aero Precision cuts their own barrels as does PSA. PSA even makes there own barrel extensions ans gas blocks. Now they might get their barrel blanks from the same source but as far as cutting and finishing the barrel each of those manufacturers have their own methods and use there own machines. So they don't use the same barrel finisher that is done in house by each manufacturer. That fact is easily and readily available online

But get this. You buy the lower for 99 bucks. Then they have Magpul equipped uppers for 239. Slap them together and you have a 339 dollar AR-15 truck gun. Make that 239 if you want just standard furniture in grey or black. Hell I am tempted just for a range toy. Or just keep in my truck at all times. If it gets stolen you are not loosing the farm. That's just cheap. I know you get what you pay for but at that price you could afford a few upgrades to increase reliability and still be under 500. That's with BCG and CH. I would like to have 5 just to have when the market goes berserk.

I knew a member who built a Aero gun with the enhanced handguard apparatus. He then outfitted it with a Oak Mountain barrel, a sweet trigger and other nice internals and had one hell of a rifle.

It was the 1st. Aero build I was somewhat a part of. He asked me for input but he ultimately choose the parts. He took that gun prairie dog hunting, hog hunting and all sorts of hunts. he was reaching out and popping prairie dogs at over 200 yards with ease. It was a solid gun.

I lost touch with him when my phone crashed. I took him out to River Bend Gun club several times when I was a member and we had some good shooting sessions. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he still has that rifle. He had that temperament of someone that would keep his guns forever. It was his first AR build and it was a hellava rifle.

Last time I talked with him he was having a custom bolt action built by some builder in Pennsylvania I believe and it took several months for it to be completed. Then I lost touch with him and never did find out about the bolt action rifle. If he reads this I hope it reaches out to me I'd like to speak with him and see how he is doing.

Back
Top Bottom