• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pt99 Taurus

Its that or a cz999 like both have hammer ima fan of hammer in semi
I had an early 1990's vintage Taurus PT92 (fixed sights, satin nickel finish, wood stocks) that was the most reliable semi-auto gun I've ever owned.
I liked everything about it EXCEPT the enormously thick grip frame and long reach to the trigger for that Double-Action first shot.
auto

I have a pt92afs and pt945. Never had any problems with them. However due to Taurus past and present reputation they are nothing more than target pistols.

I have 6 Taurus Semi-automatics.
3-PT-58's
2- PT-909's
1- PT99 in Rosewood.
Why do I have so many because I bought them on ODT cheap as hell! My primary carry is a Customized Beretta 92fs, and I love all my Taurus they shoot great and everyone in my family can take them apart and clean each weapon. I really enjoy my PT99, I bought it in 2008 and it still looks new and it's a great shooter!

When you say target pistols you are sayimg younwould not carry either due to your life depending upon them and you would not? If that is the case what would you carry for self defense?
I have a pt92afs and pt945. Never had any problems with them. However due to Taurus past and present reputation they are nothing more than target pistols.

When you say target pistols you are sayimg younwould not carry either due to your life depending upon them and you would not? If that is the case what would you carry for self defense?

I trust and practice and carry a sig 239 and glock 23. I do swap to a 92 fs when I am shooting my pt92afs. I try to keep active with 3 different pistols. I know a lot will disagree with this.

Got ya well i made this entire pist in error apologies ..it is a pt92afs and i dp currently own 1 pt92afs but mind ypu i have zero shooting time with it i wanted another double action semi auto 9mm hamdgun in full size so was looking at the 2nd being the same that way i have same caliber to buy shells for as well as magazines all will be interactive with each other and only down side is the pt92afs im looking to purchase as well as the one i own are both without accessory rails ...i prefer a red beam which i have on my pt111 g2 9mm
I trust and practice and carry a sig 239 and glock 23. I do swap to a 92 fs when I am shooting my pt92afs. I try to keep active with 3 different pistols. I know a lot will disagree with this.

Ordered these grips like the pearl of course im a woman so shiny things attract my attention lol
20170820_142205.jpg

I had a PT1911 and it never had one malfunction. Probably six to 700 rounds through it and it ran like a champ and that was any ammo I could get. Cheap, expensive, fmj, HP whatever I slapped in there it ran through it like **** through a goose. The only thing that I wasn't real thrilled with was the trigger pull. Just a tad to heavy for a 1911. Not horrible but needed a little massaging.

It's not that I have any trouble with Taurus (either 92 or 945) for me they function flawlessly, however when the wife shoots, they Ftf and fte, I think it's her grip. These are the only two she has trouble with. Sigs, hk, glock, beretta, cz, no problems. But if it casts doubt, I'll stick with sig and glock. I am sure that it's just a matter of time they will both fail. On the bright side my beretta 92fs is my reach out and touch something pistol. I am way more accurate with that then anything else, it's just to big to carry in the summer.

I used to have the pt101 which is the .40 version. Very nice gun IMO with good fit and finish, and it ran well with no problems. Honestly, I couldn't see a difference in quality between it and my Beretta. I preferred the safety to the one on the Beretta. Flips down for off instead of up like on the Beretta.
I fully agree on the safety position. I prefer frame mounted. I owned 2 Model 99s in the 90s and didn't have any issues. As far as I can tell Taurus did just fine for many years when they were just ripping off the Beretta autos and Smith revolvers. The quality issues didn't seem to come up until they started building their own designs and got into polymer.

Back
Top Bottom