• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Publix Fried Chicken...

I get a fried chicken meal deal at Ingles every now and then. It’s pretty good and a lot of food for the money. No soup and salad here, but I have seen that in Wegman’s up north, prices coming up big at the scales.
When we lived in Darien we would go to St Simons and head to the Harris Teeter store on Sea Island Rd. They have a salad and hot bar there that's awesome. If any of y'all are heading to St Simons or Jekyll any time soon and you want a good lunch by all means try it out. Harris Teeter is literally a rich folks grocery store chain. Not that many of them and they're all in high income zip codes like Amelia Island and Hilton Head. But that salad/hot bar is awesome. Not to mention the meat and seafood departments. Oh and the beer and wine selection is decided up by country. BUT...just like Ingles they weigh it up at the register. So plan accordingly and don't waste valuable plate space with dumb **** like broccoli and cauliflower.

Anyone remember Papa's Countty Buffett in Doraville on Buford Hwy next to K Mart back in the 80's. That place was good...
Not from up that way but I do remember the Buford Hwy Flea Market. Imagine me saying that in my best Mexican accent. That was where you used to go for your fake Ray Bans, Gucci bags and Rolex watches.

Some of the "meat n' three" places are disgusting. Jeneane's at Pinebrook comes to mind. I HATE asking my dad where he wants to go eat. "Let's go to Jeneane's!" PUKE! Or Cox's Cafe on lower Poplar St. I can barely stand Cox's Cafe only because they know how to fry lacy cornbread (not all the time, but most of the time).
When my old man was still alive ( and we were on speaking terms) he loved Sid's down there near the post office and Polly's at Zebulon Rd for the fried catfish. He also used to really dig Polly's La Mesa Mexican on Pio Nono. But to be fair that was one of the very few Mexican joints in Macon for a long time.

When we lived in Darien we would go to St Simons and head to the Harris Teeter store on Sea Island Rd. They have a salad and hot bar there that's awesome. If any of y'all are heading to St Simons or Jekyll any time soon and you want a good lunch by all means try it out. Harris Teeter is literally a rich folks grocery store chain. Not that many of them and they're all in high income zip codes like Amelia Island and Hilton Head. But that salad/hot bar is awesome. Not to mention the meat and seafood departments. Oh and the beer and wine selection is decided up by country. BUT...just like Ingles they weigh it up at the register. So plan accordingly and don't waste valuable plate space with dumb **** like broccoli and cauliflower.
When I stayed in Fayetteville, NC, I would go to Harris Teeter to minimize crackhead parking lot interactions. It's Kroger's fancy brand. Was worth the premium. Love NC. Hate Fayetteville. Harris Teeter is pretty fancy anywhere.

Is better than KFC . There I said it. But seriously it's pretty damn good. WAY better than Walmart and Kroger. I usually don't shop at Publix since it's just for folks with money. But my wife brought some home last year and it was damn good. It's about $10.00 for the 8 piece box but I would bet that's cheaper than KFC or Popeyes.
Lol!!! The Publix fried chicken in Perry is the Bomb dot com for sure!!!

Is better than KFC . There I said it. But seriously it's pretty damn good. WAY better than Walmart and Kroger. I usually don't shop at Publix since it's just for folks with money. But my wife brought some home last year and it was damn good. It's about $10.00 for the 8 piece box but I would bet that's cheaper than KFC or Popeyes.
It wouldn't be hard to beat KFC in price. They're crazy expensive

And churches chicken used to have the best fried chicken livers
You know you're in the ghetto when you see a Churches Chicken. First one I remember was on Houston Ave. deepin the hood in South Macon. There is one in Ft Valley where we used to live. And there was a Nu Way Weiners next to it which in my opinion was a WAY better place to eat.

Back
Top Bottom