• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PWS vs LWRC

Shags

Default rank <2500 posts
Will Commit War Crimes for Scooby Snacks
38   0
Reaction score
Looking at a PWS MK107 mod 2 vs one of LWRC’s pistol variants. Which would be the superior choice in quality and longevity? This is a firearm I’d use extremely heavily for the next couple years.

Looking at a PWS MK107 mod 2 vs one of LWRC’s pistol variants. Which would be the superior choice in quality and longevity? This is a firearm I’d use extremely heavily for the next couple years.
why so short on the barrel length? I have been looking at PWS mk111 uppers. 11.5" or 12.5". unsuppressed my 11.5" SBR hurts to shoot...a 7"-8" upper has to be brutal.

I don't know there is much difference in quality between LWRC and PWS. I have owned a cpl of LWRC rifles and I liked them.

why so short on the barrel length? I have been looking at PWS mk111 uppers. 11.5" or 12.5". unsuppressed my 11.5" SBR hurts to shoot...a 7"-8" upper has to be brutal.

I don't know there is much difference in quality between LWRC and PWS. I have owned a cpl of LWRC rifles and I liked them.
I‘m open to an mk111 but I’ve always been partial to shorter barrels. My spikes I have listed is 8.5” and its an extremely smooth shooter.

I have a LWRC SPR 16' 5.56
I have a PWS mk111 upper in 7.62 on order which will be a bag/heavy use/ go to gun
- Though i havent compared apples to apples on weight the LWRC feels a bit heavier based on the design of the uppers/rail.
- LWRC is short stroke v PWS long stroke so the SS having more parts may have slight reliability disadvantages compared to the LS system.
- I shoot LGs left handed and both the LWRC and PWS Mod2 lowers are ambi.

Both are great, but i honestly think, for me, the PWS's offers a few extra advantages if you want a piston gun, so i have a few more upper configurations i will add to the collection. I prefer the BCM compontents on the PWS, I like the skirmish sights on the LWRC... its a hard choice, some things are better on each gun, but the PWS can be had for much less than the LWRC Nd less proprietary stuff on it.

If you want to go that short get the PWS in 7.62 it will perform better, just my two cents.

I have a LWRC SPR 16' 5.56
I have a PWS mk111 upper in 7.62 on order which will be a bag/heavy use/ go to gun
- Though i havent compared apples to apples on weight the LWRC feels a bit heavier based on the design of the uppers/rail.
- LWRC is short stroke v PWS long stroke so the SS having more parts may have slight reliability disadvantages compared to the LS system.
- I shoot LGs left handed and both the LWRC and PWS Mod2 lowers are ambi.

Both are great, but i honestly think, for me, the PWS's offers a few extra advantages if you want a piston gun, so i have a few more upper configurations i will add to the collection. I prefer the BCM compontents on the PWS, I like the skirmish sights on the LWRC... its a hard choice, some things are better on each gun, but the PWS can be had for much less than the LWRC Nd less proprietary stuff on it.

If you want to go that short get the PWS in 7.62 it will perform better, just my two cents.
Thanks brother, that's about what I was wondering. I'll be throwing my frt in it for trips to our range and then a can when I use it everyday. I've heard the pws is one of the smoothest shooting piston Ars so I'll probably go that route.

Pws all day imo.. They took every that makes the AK amazing, built it into ar platform. The one gun I regret getting rid of is my mk111 mod2.
Was a straight machine and ran so good suppressed and un.. I got rid of my HK when I shot a pws. Way smoother, less violent impulse. Customer service is great as well. And too me they just super slick with no FA sticking out

Either one will do just fine. I had a mk111 pro upper for a truck gun and still have my l-dub m6 in 6.8. Both are excellent quality. The l-dub may or may not have their proprietary rail system which is inconvenient because finding mouts for things locally does not happen and they must come from the net.

Back
Top Bottom