Quad rail suggestions.

A free float rail has nothing to do with being cool, a frre float rail allows your barrels to move naturally when the round discharges from the chamber. Believe it or not, your barrel moves called (Barrel whip) you obtain the best accuracy with a floated barrel than you to with conventional hand guards.

http://www.shootingsoftware.com/barrel.htm Here is something to get the taste of what it is....

Lol. I wasn't meaning that drop ins were better and that free floating rails were only a "cool" thing to have as I would be the first to suggest a FF if money and installation weren't factors. I'm am perfectly aware of the advantages of a free float system but the guy was simply weighting options and it appeared cost was a factor and he most likely didn't have the tools for the job.

If you have the low profile gas block, then why go so short on a railed forearm? Why not get it out there for a longer sight radius with irons and extra room to mount a light or other things?

It appears the rifle has the gas block that is only slightly lower than the receiver rail so its not a true low profile GB so he would have to replace that also to install a longer rail.

It appears the rifle has the gas block that is only slightly lower than the receiver rail so its not a true low profile GB so he would have to replace that also to install a longer rail.

Ah, I see that now. Not quite familiar with those optics ready models.

IMO a self defense rifle should have a light and a sling, but not much else.

Good luck wth2480, I hope you find what you are looking for.

I would tell you to go longer sight radius, You will gain more accuracy..... As far as the other Junk, Light and all the weight... Stop... only put the basics in there for functionality.

If he intends to use the rifle for self defense, IMHO a good white light is a must,and far from junk. If he is 3 gunning I guess he would not need one.

Troy now utilizes the factory barrel nut. Only the TRX series needs a new barrel nut.
Yeah, I just completed my AR pistol and I used the 7.6" Troy TRX BattleRail and it came with a barrel nut and wrench.

IMG_7241_zpsdb71efa2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom