• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question for LEOs and advocates

If you drive around hunting a problem you eventually find it. Broke clock is right twice a day.

Difference is you probably don't have a video camera running just to eventually have a dust up. What about the dozens of stops that were fruitless, or LEO conducted themselves as professional versed on the laws? Heck, no... Lets plaster this red herring that's not the norm.

Case in point. I had a guy back in 04-05 that was walking down Ga3 (Hwy 41) carrying an SKS and open carrying a revolver. It was hot as hades, so I rolled up behind him and asked him could I speak with him. Asked if he would like a ride (gave me a reason to talk) and at no time detain him. Guy had broke down, and was afraid to leave the rifle in the vehicle while he walked to a friends house. Was I intrusive? Slightly... Asked him where he was heading and why the rifle. Got a reasonable answer, and he got a free ride with A/C.

Best policy. Serve and protect requires probing questions when things look out of the ordinary. Pretty much common sense IMO.

Back
Top Bottom