• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question for LEOs and advocates

what makes me hypocritical? I've never said I ever wrote a speeding ticket (I guess you assumed I have). Never wrote a single one in my whole life, have I stopped someone for speeding? absoulutely, wrote them a ticket for it? not yet. But also if I stop someone they were going at least 15 over and needed to be slowed down.

2, You're right speeding is against the law, and almost everyone is guilty of it, including myself, its a bad habit, and if I get caught doing it then I'll pay the price. Sometimes LE and firefighters get breaks on tickets, but so do other people who are not in public safety. I've given tickets to several police officers and firefighters that did wrong and I know plenty of other officers who have also. Also, how do you know who stateline gave citations to and who he didn't? I mean honestly, your attitude and sarcasm about it is kind of childish. You're just assuming he did that just because he doesn't agree with you or have the same opinion as you. Grow up man and have a debate without the childish remarks, don't be that guy..

You are so full of ****. Put down the shovel.

Last edited:
id rather not be subjected to questioning in the first place

honesty will go a long way, like all the way down town lol

Not true, its like this, if you're over the limit, you're going to jail, plain and simple. If you're under then you're probably good to go. Here's a good example, cop stops you and asks, have you had anything to drink tonight? you lie and say no. Officer asks you to step outside of the car, he smells alcohol on you at this point, he asks you to take a portable breath test, you blow a .05. He finds out you have been drinking, you're not over the limit, but since you lied to him, he writes you a few tickets, that you otherwise wouldn't have received, and may possibly take you to jail for DUI less safe, depending on his PC for stopping you (ie, failure to maintain lane, etc.). Where as if you would have just been honest in the first place, you wouldn't have had any tickets at all and he would have thanked you for being honest.

Not true, its like this, if you're over the limit, you're going to jail, plain and simple. If you're under then you're probably good to go. Here's a good example, cop stops you and asks, have you had anything to drink tonight? you lie and say no. Officer asks you to step outside of the car, he smells alcohol on you at this point, he asks you to take a portable breath test, you blow a .05. He finds out you have been drinking, you're not over the limit, but since you lied to him, he writes you a few tickets, that you otherwise wouldn't have received, and may possibly take you to jail for DUI less safe, depending on his PC for stopping you (ie, failure to maintain lane, etc.). Where as if you would have just been honest in the first place, you wouldn't have had any tickets at all and he would have thanked you for being honest.

First, never submit to any tests. Period.

Lets play devils advocate, let's say you are an arresting officer and I am a criminal defense attorney.
First thing I would do is get you on the stand and discredit you by asking you a series of questions and get you to back pedal and contradict yourself in front of a jury. 2nd, if all you have is a PBT than that will not be admissible in court.

http://youtu.be/IG7niM9PzeE
Watch this video, in your eye he may be a DB in my eyes he is irratated by illegal activities.

Last edited:

I think at .05 I would ask him to park it and call for a ride, before the rest of the drinks catch up.

I agree, or he might have quit drinking a while ago and is just coming down. Either way, my point is, honesty goes a long way, whether it looks like it or not.

There is a reason I haven't had a ticket in years despite numerous pull overs and my brother, who's first response is "What the F did I do" doesn't have a DL anymore. The only time I ever became standoffish is when they demand I open the safe welded to the floor board of my Jeep, if they ask I volunteer the info but if they demand then so do I.

I agree, or he might have quit drinking a while ago and is just coming down. Either way, my point is, honesty goes a long way, whether it looks like it or not.

Shutting up goes further

View attachment 185224

The question at that point is not whether or not you are going to take a ride but your record in the future.

Capt D.... in response to your orignal question, its all about respect and courtesy. I pride myself on respecting citizen's rights. I' human the same as you and try to act how I'd like to be treated on a stop. I've been stopped more as a police than before I was, and I know its not a pleasant experience. I personally always explain the reason for the stop, rather than ask you to incriminate yourself. If you POLITELY tell me that you don't want to say anything further, it doesn't automatically mean a citation. However, attitudes and respect dictate much of how the stop will go. If I have a lawful reason to stop you, and you're a complete arse, the stop probably won't end the way you'd like it to. I have no issues writing written warnings when the situation dictates. And vice versa.

Shutting up goes further

View attachment 185224

The question at that point is not whether or not you are going to take a ride but your record in the future.

I have mixed feelings on cards like this, on one hand, I think it simplifies the stop and makes things short and to the point. On the other hand, I think it hurts the driver more than anyone else.

Capt D.... in response to your orignal question, its all about respect and courtesy. I pride myself on respecting citizen's rights. I' human the same as you and try to act how I'd like to be treated on a stop. I've been stopped more as a police than before I was, and I know its not a pleasant experience. I personally always explain the reason for the stop, rather than ask you to incriminate yourself. If you POLITELY tell me that you don't want to say anything further, it doesn't automatically mean a citation. However, attitudes and respect dictate much of how the stop will go. If I have a lawful reason to stop you, and you're a complete arse, the stop probably won't end the way you'd like it to. I have no issues writing written warnings when the situation dictates. And vice versa.

Wow look who's back from the grave lol.

Back
Top Bottom