• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question for LEOs and advocates

Not true, its like this, if you're over the limit, you're going to jail, plain and simple. If you're under then you're probably good to go. Here's a good example, cop stops you and asks, have you had anything to drink tonight? you lie and say no. Officer asks you to step outside of the car, he smells alcohol on you at this point, he asks you to take a portable breath test, you blow a .05. He finds out you have been drinking, you're not over the limit, but since you lied to him, he writes you a few tickets, that you otherwise wouldn't have received, and may possibly take you to jail for DUI less safe, depending on his PC for stopping you (ie, failure to maintain lane, etc.). Where as if you would have just been honest in the first place, you wouldn't have had any tickets at all and he would have thanked you for being honest.
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OHH MAN OHH WOW

and i thought i was the comedian, lol

the cops write as many tickets as possible regardless of good intentions or honestly, lol

maybe i might get the one super nice cop who appreciates honesty, but there is no way in hell im going to bank on that. so rather i just dont answer any questions they may pose as is my god given right in this country

Capt D.... in response to your orignal question, its all about respect and courtesy. I pride myself on respecting citizen's rights. I' human the same as you and try to act how I'd like to be treated on a stop. I've been stopped more as a police than before I was, and I know its not a pleasant experience. I personally always explain the reason for the stop, rather than ask you to incriminate yourself. If you POLITELY tell me that you don't want to say anything further, it doesn't automatically mean a citation. However, attitudes and respect dictate much of how the stop will go. If I have a lawful reason to stop you, and you're a complete arse, the stop probably won't end the way you'd like it to. I have no issues writing written warnings when the situation dictates. And vice versa.

The old Army "with all due respect sir" before delivering the bad news may be the best way to go.

First, never submit to any tests. Period.Lets play devils advocate, let's say you are an arresting officer and I am a criminal defense attorney.First thing I would do is get you on the stand and discredit you by asking you a series of questions and get you to back pedal and contradict yourself in front of a jury. 2nd, if all you have is a PBT than that will not be admissible in court.http://youtu.be/IG7niM9PzeEWatch this video, in your eye he may be a DB in my eyes he is irratated by illegal activities.
Yep lawyers love this... At $1200 an hour they have more to argue about. That takes more time and more billing to the driver. If you did nothing wrong then fight it all the way. No matter the cost.If you were wrong, admit it and pay the fine. Usually costs you about 25% of what it costs to follow the instructions of the lawyers that you THINK are "on your side"

Yep lawyers love this... At $1200 an hour they have more to argue about. That takes more time and more billing to the driver. If you did nothing wrong then fight it all the way. No matter the cost.If you were wrong, admit it and pay the fine. Usually costs you about 25% of what it costs to follow the instructions of the lawyers that you THINK are "on your side"

this is somewhat true

however by paying the lawyer to get you off frees you up from legal ramifications down the road. clean record and what not

best thing to do is not break the law and get caught in the first place lol

I agree to an extent, I was speeding one time (135 in 35) on my way to a rapid deployment. I pulled over got my ticket admitted guilt and was wrong. However in order to keep mt DL I hired a lawyer (cost $600) he got the case thrown out and I kept my DL. Felt bad about it, but I couldn't loose my DL.

Back
Top Bottom