• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Question for those who live around bears

Bears are killing and raping all around Gilmer county. I've been trapped in my car for three days now.
😧
zbear.jpg

Most bears are timid, most run when confronted but then there are others. I literally have to push one bear out of the way almost every morning when I am putting out my bird feeders and the corn in the woods for the deer, etc. Only time I keep an sharp eye out is when there is a mom with cubs. We have had 2 sets these past 2 years. One mom not worried at all about us and her babies, the other mom a bit more careful with us and her cubs so I make sure I don't get between them. Have had bears all 20 years I have lived up here in the Ellijay area and the worst I can say is they are a pain in the butt eating my critter ground food but often they are very cute as well. These 3 cubs would not leave me alone a year ago when I was re-doing my back yard, mom was on the other side of the wall. I would be more worried about a dog then a bear.
1661334956199.png

I live in that same neighborhood, they aren't a big issue, sometimes a pain like when they trashed our deck last week when we weren't home, but for the most part they are chill. On the rare occasion there is a problem bear, DNR relocates them deep in the cohutta wilderness as long as not repeat offenders. Lol

Sounds like you were close to me as I live on Fort Mountain between Ellijay and Chatsworth..We have them come by from time to time, I don't bother them and usually they don't bother me..First rule don't leave your home garbage outside, drop it off at the dump on Tower Road..Bird feeders are an attractant. I have lived up here for 22 years and have had only one encounter, I had my garage door open with 96 rockin. I was working on my Harley and one came within 30 feet..I simply closed the garage door..problem solved..After all I am the one in their back yard..

Back
Top Bottom